CCV filter mod. RACOR 4500 filter assembly - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 03:28 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CCV filter mod. RACOR 4500 filter assembly

Anyone use one of these filters to alleviate the aspiration of oil laden vapors back through the turbo?

This appears to be a far superior solution to the oil vapor aspiration issue rather than venting to atmosphere(smoke, smell, drips to drive way, dirty under carriage)

My issue is that I need a mounting location. Passenger frame rail really isn't a good option because I have my coolant filter in this location and hose routing would require extensive heat shielding. This thing is HUGE.....

Any mounting locations and ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2013, 08:14 PM

You may be able to mount the Racor out front Like I mounted the Pro Vent. the Racor is slightly larger though.

http://www.parker.com/literature/Rac..._A_CCV4500.pdf

https://www.mann-hummel.com/group/up...BCHACUaaBi.pdf

Ccv mod sucks

Last edited by TD-5; 09-06-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:03 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD-5 View Post
You may be able to mount the Racor out front Like I mounted the Pro Vent. the Racor is slightly larger though.

http://www.parker.com/literature/Rac..._A_CCV4500.pdf

https://www.mann-hummel.com/group/up...BCHACUaaBi.pdf

Ccv mod sucks

Your post is the reason I entered into this project so enthusiatically. I failed miserably since I didn't verify the dimensional differences between the Mann Hummel and the Racor. I prefered the overall construction of the Racor since it is metal in lieu of molded plastic but this damn thing is freakin HUGE.

Unfortunately I mocked the Racor assembly up in the location where yours is mounted and it flat doesn't fit PERIOD. Now I have a $250 filter that I need to find a proper install location for or revert to the Mann Hummel unit.

I KNOW that someone on this forum has some out of the box ideas for a suitable location. HELP me find a viable solution whichout affecting functional performance of the filter.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:03 AM

Come on guys. I have to be missing a "suitable" mounting location.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I don't know. When I did my CCV mod, I looked at filters a lot. The 4500 looked like the bare minimum as far as flow rate is concerned, but it's large. I figured I'd go with the 6000, because of the higher flow rate.

In the end though, I couldn't find a suitable mounting location that didn't involve going all the way down to the frame under the cab. That didn't seem practical, so I gave up and just ran a hose out the back and called it good.

IMO, the only place you can mount that thing is underneath, but that involves a lot of hose, and it's not exactly an ideal location for draining/changing the filter.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:43 PM

I feel your pain, When I spec'd the provent filter I had measured up & thought for sure I could fab a bracket & mount it above the alternator & below the CAC pipe. When I finally got it..... not a chance, it would not fit there. I Spent the next day with a measuring tape & some cardboard for templates, scratchin my head trying to figure out where the damm thing would fit. There just ain't alot of options around the 6.4 engine bay.
Like B Adams said, alot of guys just run hose out the back, as you already have the filter I would try & mount it up along the frame rail either below or behind the cab somewhere, not an ideal location but its not like it needs serviced once a month, it might get a little dirty under the truck, but a quick power wash before you went to drain or service it should work. The Racor being a physically larger housing & filter should go longer than the pro vent between drainings & filter changes.
Attached Thumbnails
CCV filter mod. RACOR 4500 filter assembly-img_0948-small-.jpg   CCV filter mod. RACOR 4500 filter assembly-img_0947-small-.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.