Pmf or newton trac bars - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 09-05-2013, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pmf or newton trac bars

Alright guys been doing a lot of research on here, fixing to pull the trigger on a set of trac bars. Which kit should I go with I've seen a lot of guys running the pmf's but the newtons look nice as well.

01 F-250 7.3L DIY Intake, PHP FU, WW, non ebpv outlet, 5" diamond eye turbo back exhaust straight piped, 3" lift 20" XD Rockstars w/ 35" Trail Grapplers.
post #2 of 28 Old 09-05-2013, 04:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I like my stage 3 bolt on traction blocks but there were a few things i didnt like. !st too get the right rear bolt for the bar in you have to put it in before or take it all apart once block is bolted to truck. (wasnt told that) The Brackets from axle are straight so if the bars come straight out they would be 6 inches to the outside of frame. So your pulling bar in and binding bushing to hit frame bracket.

13 F250 Lariat CC SB 3.31 EL axle w/SPE full lock module, Ultimate Interior,
H&S Big Single 64mm NON VGT Turbo Kit, Cast manifolds, NON Cobra downpipe, Mini MAxx w/H&S stock fuel tune
Down Pipe back 304T 4" Diamond Eye, AFE stage II intake, front 4 link,
Road Armor bumpers front/rear. N Fab nerf steps. 20" American Force w/Trxus 33",
Dura flaps, Air Lift rear bags, 34k+ miles, Stage 3 traction block bars.

2012 F250 TOTALED.

Civilian Contractor Airforce 2+ years Asscrackistan.
post #3 of 28 Old 09-05-2013, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I run newtons kit, PMF was 1000+ powder coated red and these i got him to powder coat red for nothing and gave me a killer deal since i bought my leveling kit through him. they have been on for almost a year. never made a noise, never came loose and still look great. big heim joints and no binding against the bracket like he had above. Install is fairly easy but drilling through the frame for the front brackets took forever. I didnt really have the right tools so somebody with the right stuff could have done it alot faster than me. My kit came with the updated front brackets. they use to only be a 2 bolt design going up from the bottom but his newer mounts have the original 2 bolts and 2 more bolts on the side. people were having issues with the front brackets coming loose and adding the two extra bolts made them stronger and so they dont come loose when torqued properly. just make sure you remove any undercoating where the brackets mount because if the undercoating is thick it will compress over time and bracket will come loose.

If ya have any questions just ask, I tried to remember all the important stuff and i think i got most of it. here is a pic of them on my truck, there older pics but they do the job.

T-rav
2010 F350 6.4-
s467 MPD single kit, H&S Jesse Byall tuning, No limit IC piping and intake,mishimoto intercooler, MPD billet CCV/oil filler, FASS with sump, SOTA A.W.O.L. polished wheels, toyo rt tires, RED Newton traction bars, oem projector retrofit and a bunch of LED lights LOL

Holderdown Performance #teamHDP

OUR FLEET: 2015 f450, 2014 Platinum F350, 2012 F450 6.7, 2010 F350 6.4, 2005 F350 6.0, 04 F450 6.0
post #4 of 28 Old 09-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

One more vote for Newtons!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2012 F-350 Lariat 4x4 DRW, T&G Manufacturing Aluminum Flatbed, Westin Brush Guard
post #5 of 28 Old 09-05-2013, 12:05 PM

Precision Metal Fab single bars. They're reasonably priced and extremely effective with their design.

Jeff Dodd
spartan_jeff12@yahoo.com

2012 Ford F-250 Lariat CC/SB

Mods - Spartan tuned via laptop, 4" AFE stainless exhaust system, 2.5" PMF BMC leveling spacers, 3" PMF lift blocks, Fox Racing 2.0 shocks, Recon smoked mirror & cab lights
post #6 of 28 Old 09-05-2013, 12:26 PM

I have pmf's floating traction blocks and they work great and are extremely heavy duty. I've only found one downside, they start to squeak if I don't keep them well lubed every couple weeks.

Also I have heard the bushings can break down if you don't use synthetic grease.

2008 (Job 1) F250 King ranch 4x4, snow plow prep package with 2.5 level. Black Maxx, B&W Diehard platinums. Dieselsite coolant and transmission filters, NCU Motorsports/amsoil oil bypass kit. Turbo blankets, 5.5 PMF traction
Please collect and message me Shell, Rotella oil cap codes aka "my miles matter" I'm trying to save up for a hat or something.
post #7 of 28 Old 09-05-2013, 12:52 PM

pmf traction blocks for me as well! easy to install and very effective, no noise out of mine. great customer service call him anytime and he's answering any questions you have.

2010 F350 auto
2inch leveling kit
35'' toyo m/ts
20'' montsers
dpf cat delete
h&s mini Max
s&b cai
post #8 of 28 Old 09-05-2013, 01:46 PM

PMF for me too.

2008 CC Lariat short bed
35x12.5x20 XD Hoss , Leveled
Sct tuned by IDP , Air bags

post #9 of 28 Old 09-05-2013, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I also have the PMF floating trac bars, it made a ton of difference, they also are very heavy duty and the welding on them is just about perfect, just a well made bar.

2008 F350 CC SRW, 4X4/LB
Spartan Tuned/Spartan TCM
1722 Elite Head Studs/ChromeMoly pushrods
Bullet Proof 1/2 oil cooler kit
4" Down Pipe/4" DPF/Cat Delete
Diamond Eye 5" DPF back/5" Areo Turbine Muffler
3" CAI/inter cooler
S&B-CAI
CCV mod w/catchcan
Big Wig Sway Bars
PMF Traction bars
Icon 2.5 front coil springs
Bilstein shocks/Top Gunz dual stabilizer w/Bilsteins
Airlift/remote airbags

Viper 5701 w/SmartStart
post #10 of 28 Old 09-05-2013, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013F250Tank View Post
I like my stage 3 bolt on traction blocks but there were a few things i didnt like. !st too get the right rear bolt for the bar in you have to put it in before or take it all apart once block is bolted to truck. (wasnt told that) The Brackets from axle are straight so if the bars come straight out they would be 6 inches to the outside of frame. So your pulling bar in and binding bushing to hit frame bracket.
Yeah that bolt pissed me off lol had it all together and had to pull it apart just to get that one in there other than that it was smooth install.

2010 F350 auto
2inch leveling kit
35'' toyo m/ts
20'' montsers
dpf cat delete
h&s mini Max
s&b cai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode