Join Date: Aug 2013
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Elite Diesel EGR Delete w/ WasteGate HELP
I just recently purchased a EGR Delete/Wastegate Kit for my 2008 6.4L.
I cannot get it to have any effect on my boost or back pressure.
I have tried turning the unit clockwise from the start two turns, as well as well over 8 or more turns (turned in as much as I can without exerting a lot of force).
Neither setting seems to make any difference.
Points to note:
- the most EBP I have seen (off of my mini maxx tuner) was 56psi.
- I am tuned on the middle of H&Sís tunning (the mild, allowing up to 250hp)
- on street and performance, it is VERY easy to get to the defuel of 38-40PSI boost (have not set the defuels higher)
- as far as I can tell the unit is plumbed in correctly
- a boost line comes from the block off plate to a T.
- one side of the T goes to the regulator (that I can turn to adjust)
- the other side goes to what I believe is the bottom of the wastegate
- from the regulator, a line goes to the top of the wastegate
- this all assumes that the black part of the wastegate is the top, and I should note it is hard to see, but am 99% sure this is where they go.
If you could let me know your thoughts on this. Right now I have the unit turned in clockwise about 8-12 turns (again as much as I could turn it without exerting lots of effort...... it does get harder to turn so I assume I am having effect). I am guessing that I am just not generating enough EBP to open it, and my goal for this is a safety device.
What caused me concern however is in the forums (I have read about this for at least 8 hours combined), if you turn it in enough, the truck should not build boost very well........ I cannot replicate that condition, and as such am concerned something is wrong.
Please let me know your thoughts.
p.s. Truck is running great, just trying to put the final touches on this 1.5year process.