SCT vs H&S vs SPARTAN - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 07:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT vs H&S vs SPARTAN

hey guys, well dad pulled the trigger yesterday on a 08 f250 lariat yesterday

of course cant leave it stock now can we, my question is whats the advantage of a spartan over and h&s or sct?

i have the sct in my 6l, works fine for me, more parts i put in new more powerful tunes i order simple

going to do it all at once, exhaust, tuner, intake, egr delete, coolant filter, coolant flush, just dont know what to do for a tuner

with the spartan and h&s can you adjust for bigger turbos, fuel pump, injectors later on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2013, 07:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well one disadvantage to SCT is they are not selling the DPF race off road versions anymore and you have to head to the $$ Used market.. Spartan monitors better?
Old 08-28-2013, 07:46 AM

Bro, this question comes up like five times a week. Just search the forums for the same exact question and read the 100's of posts about it. Everyone will tell you Spartan or Mini Maxx and you'll have to decide. Only difference between them besides the tunes is that the Mini Maxx allows for on-the-fly power level tuning whereas the Spartan requires a reflash for each tune.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotturban54 View Post
Well one disadvantage to SCT is they are not selling the DPF race off road versions anymore and you have to head to the $$ Used market.. Spartan monitors better?
wouldnt custom tunes take care of the dpf and rest of that good stuff?

i was thinking the livewire with custom tunes, probably comes out to 700-800$ h&s and spartan= 1500+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expirobo View Post
Bro, this question comes up like five times a week. Just search the forums for the same exact question and read the 100's of posts about it. Everyone will tell you Spartan or Mini Maxx and you'll have to decide. Only difference between them besides the tunes is that the Mini Maxx allows for on-the-fly power level tuning whereas the Spartan requires a reflash for each tune.
ok well for one im not your bro, second i have alot better things to do then to spend hours searching through old posts to see a bunch of non relevant stuff being answered, if you don't like the question being asked then don't answer it! this is a forum, to ask questions and to help people out, obviously to complicated for you to understand
Old 08-28-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expirobo View Post
well, that and the fact that you can do custom tuning with a Mini Maxx and if you want to use it on a different truck you don't have to pay to do so
Old 08-28-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 617mach 1x View Post
ok well for one im not your bro, second i have alot better things to do then to spend hours searching through old posts to see a bunch of non relevant stuff being answered, if you don't like the question being asked then don't answer it! this is a forum, to ask questions and to help people out, obviously to complicated for you to understand
Ok well for one: it's 'I'm' not 'im'. Also, it's 'a lot' and not 'alot'. The reason there is so much "non relevant", or more correctly 'irrelevant', information is because too many people ask the same question and are too lazy to click two buttons to search. I was just trying to SAVE you time by letting you know that searching is much faster than waiting for people to post on the forums. The time it took you to hate reply, you could have answered all your questions.

Don't be such an angry man and don't be lazy, bro!!!!

Last edited by Expirobo; 08-28-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:07 AM

FYI I did a search 3days ago and did not get the info I wanted, hence the post!

Now since your just another one of those desktop jockeys, know it all without respect or manners I'm going to kindly ask you to leave my thread.

Btw as of right now your the one filling the forum with useless post and ignorance. Also If I was so lazy I wouldn't have an almost fully built diesel , 2 sleds and a piece of land at the age of 21

End of discussions with you sir!

Now, my original question still stands, is the extra cost of the spartan or h&s really worth it over the sct with custom tunes?

This won't be a race truck, the main reason for the programmer is to do egr and dpf delete

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 08-28-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Now, my original question still stands, is the extra cost of the spartan or h&s really worth it over the sct with custom tunes?

This won't be a race truck, the main reason for the programmer is to do egr and dpf delete

MMMhmmmm! You sure can't find the answer to your question. It must be because you're such a bada$$. Anyhow, using my "desktop jockey" powers, I have procured exactly the same question(s) answered here:

SPARTAN OR H&S MINI MAXX

and here:
Decisions decisions........

and here:
Best Bang For Your Buck/DPF & TUNER DELETE

and here:
Which programmer?

and...well you get the point. Hope those help and I can't wait to hear more about how cool you are.

Last edited by Expirobo; 08-28-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
FYI I did a search 3days ago and did not get the info I wanted, hence the post!

Now since your just another one of those desktop jockeys, know it all without respect or manners I'm going to kindly ask you to leave my thread.

Btw as of right now your the one filling the forum with useless post and ignorance. Also If I was so lazy I wouldn't have an almost fully built diesel , 2 sleds and a piece of land at the age of 21

End of discussions with you sir!

Spartan & H&S have good monitoring systems with Spartan having the best system apparently for monitoring. I'm not to sure on the SCT's monitoring capabilities. Both spartan and h&s have great tuning, not that I've used spartan but many people say so, so I would say either of those 2 and you should end up happy. Also like stated above, if custom tuning is more what you are looking for then h&s also has that option available.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:44 AM

from personal experience. I had the H&S Mini Maxx and sold it to get a Spartan. I believe the Spartan is a better tune, has more features and their customer support is bar-none!

Also the H&S used to love rolling coal everywhere I went. Spartan does not. Also Spartan has safety measure in their tunes so you don't over rev your truck which I like a lot since my truck is a stick shift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.