Better Alternative to Factory HPFP? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 05:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Better Alternative to Factory HPFP?

Hey guys I have my truck scheduled to get head studs on September 3rd, I want to update he HPFP while the cab is off because ik they are a common failure point but I can't seem to find any type of updated or aftermarket pump on the market. Is there one out yet or do we just have to deal with the stocker and hope for the best?? Also is there anything else I should have done while its getting studs? Truck is an 08 build date 3/08, has dpf/egr delete, 5in exhaust s&b intake and spartan tuning. I want to be able to run the 310 tune with no issues (built tranny will come later) so what all will I need for fuel system upgrades? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2013, 06:11 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Duel fuelers will take the load off the stock pump.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

You technically don't need any fuel system upgrades to run the 310 tune. I would start with an Air Dog though. That alone will help your HPFP due to better filtration.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok, the main reason I'm asking is because the shop I'm getting to do my studs recommended that I put a new HPFP in while he has the truck apart that far. I asked him if there was an update on the pump and all he could tell me is that the part number changed, this is a shop that specializes in powerstrokes but they have done hundreds of 6.0s and only a dozen or so 6.4s. i knew an air dog would be a good idea but I thought I might want larger injector nozzles? would the stock setup handle the 350 tune?
Old 08-05-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trohrer01 View Post
Ok, the main reason I'm asking is because the shop I'm getting to do my studs recommended that I put a new HPFP in while he has the truck apart that far. I asked him if there was an update on the pump and all he could tell me is that the part number changed, this is a shop that specializes in powerstrokes but they have done hundreds of 6.0s and only a dozen or so 6.4s. i knew an air dog would be a good idea but I thought I might want larger injector nozzles? would the stock setup handle the 350 tune?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part number changed from rev A to rev B. I think this was in 2011. Don't remember specific changes.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trohrer01 View Post
Stock HPFP isn't going to maintain any bigger nozzles. You will need a dual fueler setup. And there is no since really in running bigger nozzles since air is the limit at the time
Old 08-06-2013, 04:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Ok, would it still be beneficial to run a dual fueler setup to keep load off if the stock pump like moto2four said? Does anyone know what the changes were to the newer hpfp?... I was also wandering if there were aftermarket rocker arms that would be worth upgrading to while the heads are off?... Sorry for all the questions guys! Haha
Old 08-06-2013, 06:13 AM

Who makes aftermarket rocker arms?
Old 08-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Idk if anyone does, I was just wandering if there are any out there that are stronger than the factory rockers.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:52 AM

I would just stick with the OEM rockers. You can get all of them for like $300. I think I remember reading that they updated the design.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.