DPF delete pressure sensor? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 03:22 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DPF delete pressure sensor?

I did a CAT/DPF delete today. Running the Gearbox Z DPF-R 4.0 Economy Tune (That's the model that give an extra 70HP).

In addition to the 3 sensors that ran along the old pipe, there was also a pressure sensor on the CAT right next to the middle EGT sensor. I was told to make sure the 3 EGT sensors stay connected and to just zip tie them out of the way (I have the race pipe without bungs). What am I supposed to do with the pressure sensor? This sensor was originally attached to a bracket which mounted onto one of the bolts where that CAT met the DPF. I left it plugged in and zip tied the bracket up and out of the way. I unscrewed the 11/16 bolt that was in the bung of the CAT and reattached it to the little hose coming off the bracket. But without that bolt being in anything (it is hollowed out) I don't understand what it is doing now or if it serves a purpose. Any help appreciated.

Problem 2: The 3rd EGT sensor (closes to the rear of truck) was seized beyond extraction. I had to break it off. But I still plugged it back in and tied it out of way as described above. The engine idles quick fast now... Around 900 rpm's. Is that the tune? The guy at XDP where I bought the tuner said that can happen if one of the 3 EGT sensors is bad. So is mine bad because I chose to break if off? Anyone with any experience with this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Breaking the sensor is most likely what is making the truck run high rpm's. I had to heat my sensors up with a torch to get them out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 08-03-2013, 04:50 PM

tried heat. tried PB blaster. There was no getting it out. So I have to buy a new temp sensor from Ford which is completely irrelevant for a deleted DPF setup?

How about what I did with the Pressure sensor? Is that fine just being tied up there but attached to nothing?
Old 08-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yes mine are zip tied to the frame and are fine.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 08-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My last sensor was also impossible to get out.
So, I just used a sawzall and cut the muffler around the sensor.
I cut a square. then just zip-tied it to the frame.
So much cheaper then a new sensor.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:34 AM

Interesting. That's one way to do it. There's no sensor in the muffler. I think you meant the CAT or the DPF. I guess you have no intentions of switching back to stock someday.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I actually broke mine off when trying to remove it, which is not good if I ever have to put it back on for warranty work.... New ones are NOT cheap, and I had to buy one for the DPF delete full exhaust setup, but in the end Im a tad nervous about if I have to put the stock back on for any warranty work.

Hoping that it's something I can get hard welded in by a friend and not have to worry about it ever.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If you do have to fix your dpf to put it back to stock you can always repair it with one of these:

OE Style Exhaust Gas Temp EGT Sensor Bung for Ford Powerstroke Diesel 6 4 6 7L | eBay

That's ^^^ What I ended up having to do with mine when the EGT sensor broke off in it's bung.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would have bought an H&S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.