Gotta Pay To Play I Guess.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jonboywv12
Gotta Pay To Play I Guess..

wow! just bought a 6.4 and it still has warrenty but it will be soon up on the truck. So in preperation of that i was going to start stocking up on performance parts i.e.(tunner,exhuast,egr delete,intake). Anyway i had priced everything out like a few weeks ago just to see what i needed to save, it was somewhere around $2,300 big ones. which one a lot considering with my 7.3 peformance parts $2,300 bucks would do a lot! well i just got back on the web here and was about to purchase everything cause its friday and payday of course about to blow my check haha and got on there the mini maxx race tunner had raised its price $200 bucks and the the exhuast went up and $50 bucks. so i just went shopping aroud and its crazy within just a few weeks everything has gone up now im sitting at almost $2,600! which i can afford but that extra 300 bucks needs to pay for other tihngs not put it towards the truck. Not mad, just shocked..anyone have a clue why?? haha or where i can get maybe a cheaper setup for the mini maxx race tunner??
Thanks
-Jon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
its because they are no longer making the dpf delete tunes anymore.... so buy it before they go up in price again.....
Old 07-19-2013, 01:19 PM

Man the EPA crack down really is guna make you pay if you want to go that route huh? well time to reconsider what i need to pay this month....:/
Old 07-19-2013, 02:11 PM

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Your 2300 on a 6.4 will be capable of almost double the hp of the 7.3. Trust me its worth it
Old 07-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Craigslist and ebay for a used RACE tuner. Make sure that whichever unit you go with that it is UNLOCKED. If you go with a used spartan tuner, just remember you have to have it re-licensed to your vehicle for a fee...$250 IIRC. I just got a used H&S XRT Pro RACE tuner for $700 shipped to my house...took me a while to find a reasonable price though. A lot of people who are selling RACE tuners were asking almost as much as a new one, and that to me is crazy!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

When it comes to tuners why wouldn't a "used" one bring as much as a new one?? It's not like hard parts that wear out or lose their shine. If you want a 300hp tune you're going to get a 300hp tune...it's not like they lose power over time.

and I wouldn't go blowing your money on stuff like this if you are paycheck to paycheck. I'm not trying to sound like a dad here but when one of these motors has an issue...you will have to park it. I just had to put a remanned short block in mine... short block was $5500...I went with 8 new injectors since two showed signs of failure...$2200...then you have $2200 in labor on top of that.... then you have machine work, etc etc. Things get out of hand quickly.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfanner View Post
When it comes to tuners why wouldn't a "used" one bring as much as a new one?? It's not like hard parts that wear out or lose their shine. If you want a 300hp tune you're going to get a 300hp tune...it's not like they lose power over time.

and I wouldn't go blowing your money on stuff like this if you are paycheck to paycheck. I'm not trying to sound like a dad here but when one of these motors has an issue...you will have to park it. I just had to put a remanned short block in mine... short block was $5500...I went with 8 new injectors since two showed signs of failure...$2200...then you have $2200 in labor on top of that.... then you have machine work, etc etc. Things get out of hand quickly.
i think i read you write-up about your truck. was it were the truck just pegged itself out while you were going down a back road or something along those lines?? may have been someone else. But i do hear ya. luckly this truck i bought is still under warrenty and im starting to have regrets of buying it now. bought it on June 15 drove it for a week an half then it sat in the shop for 2 weeks got it back last friday drove it all last week, now monday again and i just dropped it back off at ford. so far the parts and labor fees are up to $2200 bucks. so how knows what this round of shop fees will be. Thank god for this warrenty.

I'm not living paycheck to paycheck I would not have gotten this truck if i was doing that. It just seems like you have to pay so much more money to get performance parts for these trucks. my old truck an 02 7.3 if i spent $2000 on it now that would be some upgrades.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfanner View Post
No, but if a used one quits the day after I buy it I'm out the cash. With a new one you have a warranty and someone to call if you have problems.

Should 6 month old TV be worth as much as the same one new?

People are asking crazy prices for these things. Unless I find a great deal I'm buying new one. $100 more is worth the price in this case just for the piece of mind.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Jon a guy on the Spartan Tuning forums has a Spartan tuner and 4" stainless DPF/Cat delete no muffler exhaust for $950. He's in Marietta, OH. Hell of a deal other then the $250 to re-license it. He's asking $750 just for the tuner which is a steal considering they are $1500 new.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpDyDaVe View Post
Jon a guy on the Spartan Tuning forums has a Spartan tuner and 4" stainless DPF/Cat delete no muffler exhaust for $950. He's in Marietta, OH. Hell of a deal other then the $250 to re-license it. He's asking $750 just for the tuner which is a steal considering they are $1500 new.
Don't think i want the spartan more a H&S kinda guy, but that 4" ill have to look into. remember the name of the thread??? Thanks for looking out!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.