H&S Trans Tunes opinions?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S Trans Tunes opinions??

Hey guys! Im running A mini maxx race tuner and I have a few questions about the different trans tuning options. Right now I am running Shift Schedule 1 (SS1) with shift points on medium. I dont know alot about transmissions really, so I would like for those of you that do, to give me some advice or insight on what you think is the best tune for daily driving/ light towing or what has worked best for you?

Thanks!

Last edited by wattersfarms; 07-08-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

First ill add, I have 35" tires and 373 gears. I've ran SS1 for a long time. I initially tried schedule 2 and didn't like it at all for my driving. I drive a lot of highway 45-60 mph and towing about half the time with 5000-10000lbs. Schedule 2 hunted for a gear too much for me. When I tried SS1, it fit just right so that's where it stayed for well over a year. About 3 weeks ago, I decided to try schedule 1 medium. I didn't like it at first but decided to give it an honest shot. My driving has changed slightly in that I'm not towing as much. What I've noticed is that I don't get out of 4th locked very much unless I can get over 55mph. With all of the people that love 5 mph under the speed limit, I don't think I'm going to keep it in medium. Too much 4th gear driving. Haven't noticed much difference in fuel economy to point out but I'm sure it's a bit different.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-08-2013, 01:48 PM

I have been using the s1m for a while now and it seems to work the best for me. The fixed shift points are a little annoying but I've just become used to it now.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Premium Member

The SS1 is great just smother and I thing in the long run better for the trans. I really didn't like SS2 to jurkey for my likening for everyday driving. The med setting should be fine , it's just a preference.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-08-2013, 06:10 PM

ive been running schedule 2 medium since the second day I got it but all this talk makes me want to try schedule 1 medium
Old 07-08-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjd View Post
ive been running schedule 2 medium since the second day I got it but all this talk makes me want to try schedule 1 medium
I found that the s2 tunes made the tranny heat up alot faster especially when towing due to on having the 5 tc lockup.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well those of you guys running SS1 on med know that in 4th gear the TC locks up about half way thru the gear making it "seem" like 4th gear is actually 2 gears. Do you guys think at all that its hard on 4th gear. Or, is it bad for the TC to be in the process of locking if im getting into the throttle hard and hauling ***?
Old 07-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Premium Member

Anyone ever use SS2L? I have had it for the longest time and I am so fed up with the truck shifting at 45mph. Over half my roads and driving is at that speed and I have had to drive 5mph above the speed limit so the truck doesn't constantly go from 4th to 5th over and over and over. I tried SS1 but that 4th locked was terrible to me.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:37 PM

why not try different tunes?

custom tunes are the way to go BTW
Old 07-24-2013, 04:47 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to skipnay
Dang I have had my MiniMaxx now 3 years and haven't done this yet. Do I have to load this up or what? Kinda haven't been around here for a year and a half. Sorry just been busy with my daughter that is almost 2 years old!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.