Switching from Banks to Spartan and DPF delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 07:36 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Switching from Banks to Spartan and DPF delete

I'm in the process of putting on a new exhaust and Spartan tuner and just thought of something.

I'd been running a Banks tune. Then I took off my old exhaust. Didn't think of flashing back to stock before I took off the old exhaust. Hope I didn't mess anything up.

So now I have the new exhaust on. All the temp sensors are disconnected, and the pressure sensor as well. I haven't turned the key or started it yet.

I think the order I need to do things is first use the Banks to go back to stock. Then use the Spartan to put on a DPF delete tune.

Am I forgetting anything? What do I do about the sensors? I have them on the old exhaust pieces which are now off the truck, but I could remove them from the old exhaust I think and reconnect them if necessary. Is that even necessary?

Or could I do the process of switching tunes, Use the Banks to go back to Stock then use the Spartan to put on a DPF delete tune with the Sensors disconnected as they are now?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 10:31 PM

The banks six gun tuner, is what im guessing your using, is more of a piggy back type of tuner. It doesn't actually re-tune your ECU it just reroutes everything vs a spartan it completely re-tunes your ECU. You wont have to reuse the banks again, once you unplug the banks tuner your vehicle remains stock so you can actually go straight into loading up the spartan tuner. I hope that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Daves05KR For This Useful Post:
Matthewt (07-12-2014)
Old 06-26-2013, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daves05KR View Post
The banks six gun tuner, is what im guessing your using, is more of a piggy back type of tuner. It doesn't actually re-tune your ECU it just reroutes everything vs a spartan it completely re-tunes your ECU. You wont have to reuse the banks again, once you unplug the banks tuner your vehicle remains stock so you can actually go straight into loading up the spartan tuner. I hope that helps.
No, I've been using the 66100 programmer from Banks. This one: Banks Power AutoMind Programmer 66100
Old 06-26-2013, 08:47 AM

Yep you will have to reflash it back to stock first before you load the different tunes
Old 06-26-2013, 08:48 AM

How about the sensors? Do I need to reattach them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daves05KR View Post
Yep you will have to reflash it back to stock first before you load the different tunes
Old 06-26-2013, 08:54 AM

Nope you do not have to reinstall them, I dont have a spartan personally but ive seen several people run a race exhaust without the sensors attached and it doesn't throw a code.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.