Lets unleash the beast, pulled the trigger & ordered a few parts! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 01:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lets unleash the beast, pulled the trigger & ordered a few parts!

Hello, after reading up on this mods page I just have questions on a few steps on this tune & delete of a 6.4L. Pulled the trigger & ordered mini maxx, Egr delete, cac, 4in afe Mach force Xp down pipe exhaust over the weekend. I Installed a CIA last week & looking to install tuner & exhaust & then get to Egr once time permits.

Should I do all parts at the same time, or can I tune w/exhaust & turn off Egr? Or is the intake still eating up the soot until Egr is blocked off completely? Any comments or concerns please let me know, looking to open this beast up! Thanks, Jayson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2013, 04:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I hope you did get the off road mini, right ?
Old 06-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Race tuner, pre-loaded w/Egr & dpf deletes. Also grabbed up a coolant filtration system as well.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Premium Member

Nice find. The mini says to install on the truck to see if it is ok. May do that first for a test run. Then dig in to the exhaust. Egr.
Be sure and update the tuner with the latest firmware and tune. U will love it
Old 06-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well I got most of the parts in & I'm excited to hook this race tuner up. Only thing keeping me back is storing the stock program for reference for the future from what I've read up on? Can anyone chime in on that, I guess I'm apprehensive b/c of the re-flashing issues I've read about, or are those issues something other than tuner additions?
Old 06-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I don't think the reflashes have anything to do with tuners. But your mini max will store your original flash. If you need to just return it to stock. Does that sound right?
Old 06-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

It does from what I've came across but then I've also read to put stock program on a back up file? deleting everything won't due me any good w/a stock program anyways...
Old 06-27-2013, 05:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Install went well & tuner is loaded to truck w/tunes that come w/it. Did trans re-learn on performance mode & definitely feel the difference & potential of this beast. Deletes & custom tunes to follow!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Afe Mach force xp 4in. installed, re-tuned w/emission deletes & DAMN she's wild turn all the way up! Did trans relearn & still seems a hard comes in, would this be the TC lock up? Thanks, Jayson.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokiNDieseL View Post
Afe Mach force xp 4in. installed, re-tuned w/emission deletes & DAMN she's wild turn all the way up! Did trans relearn & still seems a hard comes in, would this be the TC lock up? Thanks, Jayson.
The mini maxx does not store the tune off your truck. It has the factory flash on it at all times that it will load onto the truck so no need to worry about backing up the file on the computer.

The trans relearn will speed up the process a little but the trans will continue to learn for the next two weeks before it smooths up. Just take it easier for the next two weeks and let the trans learn on its own. It will still be firmer shifts but they will still smooth out compared to when you first download a tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.