International coolant filter kit or Fleetguard filter?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
International coolant filter kit or Fleetguard filter??

So I'm not gunna blow a $100-$135 on a coolant filter kit when I can buy an international or fleetguard coolant filter base and filter for under $40-$50. Who's used an international or fleetguard (cummins) coolant filtration base and filter?

Here's a harvester coolant filter base:
http://www.wengers.com/parts/Farm-Tr...01-427446C.htm

Harvester filter:
http://www.wengers.com/parts/Farm-Tr.../01-PR3908.htm

Fleetguard base: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=330879065681

Fleetguard filter:
Amazon Amazon

They're basically the same, but thought I'd get other members input and who has done what and ect. Why spend $150 when you can do it for half that?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2013, 04:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm not going to try to discourage you from building your own filter, but I will say that the bracket and base that came with my Sinister filter kit are great, and it was very easy to install onto existing bolts under the truck. I'm not sure how you're planning to mount either of the bases you linked to. You might have better luck with something like this Baldwin base or this Napa kit.

The weak link in my Sinister kit was the T-fittings that tie into the cooling system. The single hose clamp they included couldn't keep them from leaking. I used two narrower clamps on each joint and that seems to have done the trick. Otherwise it's great, and it was very easy to install.

I'm not sure about the bases you posted, but there are about a dozen filters from various companies that will fit on my base. Turns out the Wix version is sold my local auto parts place, so that's where I've been getting them. It might be good to think about filter availability when you're choosing a base.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Thanks B Adams. The way I plan to bolt the base to the mourning location is to ise some aluminum or metal- mount the filter base to the aluminum or metal, then drill and mount to existing holes on the truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.