SCT Livewire w/innovative custom tunes package - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 02:36 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT Livewire w/innovative custom tunes package

I have an 08 6.4L and I bought the SCT LIVEWIRE with the custom tune package, the issue I'm having is that I when I switch to certain tunes, i.e. the xtreme race and the xtreme street the truck seems to lag and the throttle is real choppy, (not like touchy get up and go but rather real hesitant and has no get up and go). However the tune that seems to work the best is the x xtreme, but I don't really see any gains in the mpg when I'm cruising. However in every tune the tranny seems to shift to frequently or even stall out, can this possibly be from a faulty TCM I know that in 2008 models a lot of the TCMs were garbage and that these were one of the main knocks on this truck.
In regards to the ECU tuning with both the xtreme street and race what do they do exactly do they shut down the low end turbo and run off the high end requiring more boost in order to perform at the levels they say, because let me tell you I put the xtreme race in and brought my truck to the local dyno pull competition and I seriously only pulled 399.98 HP at the rear wheels now I wasn't expecting anything crazy but that is most definitely nowhere near the 325 hp added to the rear wheels of a 350 hp stock vehicle. So if anyone has any notion of what is going on or what I need to do or any suggestions I'm all ears. My truck has a DPF delete, a complete sinister EGR delete, and a AFE Stage 2 intake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would contact the person who made your tunes and talk to them. There hve been people before with tune issues, their tuner sent them a new file and all was well. I also recommend looking into Gearhead tuning... I LOVE Matt's tunes
Old 06-17-2013, 02:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_PSD_Erik View Post
I would contact the person who made your tunes and talk to them. There hve been people before with tune issues, their tuner sent them a new file and all was well. I also recommend looking into Gearhead tuning... I LOVE Matt's tunes
Granted I am relatively new to the 6.4 after owning my 6.0 for 4 years, but I agree with the above. After searching for over a month and reading a ton of reviews it sounds like Gearheads tunes have way less issues than most others on the SCT. Now that isn't bashing anyways, just that their SCT tunes seem to be the most reliable option for the 6.4 out there. On top of the searches here, I emails Matt/Larz several times, probably more than I needed to because I wanted to make sure I was making a wise investment in my custom tunes and had ones that would 100% work with my truck. I am pretty anal about things like that and they were very accomadating. I even needed my tunes by Thursday morning after ordering Monday morning, and received them at 11:45pm Tuesday night, so I was very impressed there.

All in all, it sounds like you need to talk with your tune writer, I know Matt called to discuss things with me before they wrote their tunes, ensure I knew what I was getting and what my options were. Then he even let me know if there was anything I wanted changed after getting my tunes to let him know and they would take care of it.

Granted I am not studded so I am only running their Street tune right now, I have the option to step up to Hot Street before studs too. Once I hit their Race tune, they recommended studs and let me know that straight up. They didn't try to upsell me to the Race tune package or anything. Just sold me exactly what we agreed upon, and got it done in a timely manor.

But since you spent the coin already I would contact your tune writer and see if they will help you out. I know Gearhead would, so I would think other tune writers would too.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

You may need updated tunes. There have been many, many, reflashes from Ford on the trucks. So, a tune that worked great previously, may not work as well on the newer flash. Even the base SCT tunes need updated for the same reason.

We can update you, just give us a call.

Thanks
Old 06-20-2013, 07:36 AM

Awesome thank you all for your responses, and thank you innovative for replying I will try and get a hold of you guys as soon as I get a chance this week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.