No More H&S Mini Maxx Race Tuner? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 03:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No More H&S Mini Maxx Race Tuner?

I have a problem that I am hoping someone on here with their vast knowledge can help me solve. 8 months ago I bought I used H&S Mini Maxx from a member on this forum. I didnt know much about them and hooked it up and everything seemed to work fine. Now my warranty is up and I am ready to take me exhaust out so I updated my tuner and I realized it is still registers to the truck of the guy who sold it to me. I called H&S and they cant do anything for me. They cant even unlock it for me because they arent allowed to sell Race Tuners anymore. When did this happen, what is the point of having a tuner if you cant use it to delete your DPF and CAT. My only long shot hope they told me is to get in contact with the seller and send it back to him and he has to hook it back up to his truck (if he even owns it still) return it to stock then send it back to me. This is really upsetting for me because H&S doesnt even sell Race Tuners anymore and the few that are left seem to be selling for over $1300. So now what are my options if I dont hear from the seller, a Spartan (which I'm not a fan of the size of the unit) or the Edge Juice (which is just ugly). I never knew this was happening and why its happening. If I cant get my truck exhaust deleted I think its going for sale. Someone help me please, thanks.

Kenny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Premium Member

The d@mn epa made them stop selling them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 06-13-2013, 04:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05f250harley View Post
The d@mn epa made them stop selling them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
How come H&S was told to stop selling them but Spartan and Edge still sell theirs. They also said they were working on some sort of system where individuals can request an unlock code and send in some info and take responsibility for any illegal use bla bla bla but he didnt know when. I live in Canada in a place where your exhaust can be as black as night. Im torn between waiting for that option or forking out another $1400 for a new H&S race tuner before they are a thing of the past. They cant stop the production of Race Tuners....make them in Mexico then ship them, hahaha, theres always a way to get around it. If they banned all Race Tuners Diesel Trucks wouldnt sell.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

H&S tuners always show the last vehicle they were loaded to.

Are you sure it's actually still loaded to his truck?
Old 06-14-2013, 07:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on diesel View Post

My thought too....Double check that.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunk on diesel View Post

From what I understand it is. When I go into "show settings" it shows a different VIN than my truck. Also when I update my tuner with the H&S updater I plug the sd card into my tuner and "update firmware" then "load tune". After it loads and calibrates and all those screen finish it says its successfully loaded really quick then it skips to a screen saying that my tuner is ready to return to stock. It then stays on this screen no matter what, even if I turn my truck on and off. I have ti unplug the tuner from my OBDII port and plug it back in then it "works fine". When I say it works fine it monitors my trucks temps and all that but I have no idea if I will be able to actually load a DFP delete tune and take my exhaust out. H&S is telling me that it was not returned to stock and I'm going to have to pay lots of money to correct this. Any ideas how to double check this. I fairly new to the tuner world but I am fairly mechanically inclined and very good with computers but this is eluding me. You'd think there would just be illegal files out there to upload onto the SD card and it unlocked everything with every tune. Everything else in this world is online but this stuff seems pretty hack proof. Thanks and sorry for the long winded response.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:39 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flashover1969
Have you been able to get a hold of the person you bought it from?
Old 06-14-2013, 09:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjamin View Post
From what I understand it is. When I go into "show settings" it shows a different VIN than my truck. Also when I update my tuner with the H&S updater I plug the sd card into my tuner and "update firmware" then "load tune". After it loads and calibrates and all those screen finish it says its successfully loaded really quick then it skips to a screen saying that my tuner is ready to return to stock. It then stays on this screen no matter what, even if I turn my truck on and off. I have ti unplug the tuner from my OBDII port and plug it back in then it "works fine". When I say it works fine it monitors my trucks temps and all that but I have no idea if I will be able to actually load a DFP delete tune and take my exhaust out. H&S is telling me that it was not returned to stock and I'm going to have to pay lots of money to correct this. Any ideas how to double check this. I fairly new to the tuner world but I am fairly mechanically inclined and very good with computers but this is eluding me. You'd think there would just be illegal files out there to upload onto the SD card and it unlocked everything with every tune. Everything else in this world is online but this stuff seems pretty hack proof. Thanks and sorry for the long winded response.
Go in to your "Show Settings" screen. Look at download status. If it says installed, that means that the previous owner left the tuning installed on his truck. If it says not installed, all that you need to do is select Install Download and program your truck.

If you have any questions, shoot us an email or give us a call.

tech@hsperformance.com
888-628-1730
Old 06-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flashover1969
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&S Support View Post
Go in to your "Show Settings" screen. Look at download status. If it says installed, that means that the previous owner left the tuning installed on his truck. If it says not installed, all that you need to do is select Install Download and program your truck.

tech@hsperformance.com
888-628-1730
Now this is why I love H&S.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Warheads on Foreheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by H&S Support View Post

tech@hsperformance.com
888-628-1730
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashover1969 View Post
Now this is why I love H&S.
X2 great company always there to help!! Good luck man hope you can get it figured out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.