DashDAQ Question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-24-2013, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
DashDAQ Question

I've had my XL for about 5 months, it's great - however, I have had one problem pop up for the past few weeks now and has happened before. The unit will not show any of the parameters on the screen when I turn it on after I start the truck. I get the background graphic but the boxes and egt guage don't show anything. I can wiggle the cord at the back of the unit, that works sometimes, but it hasn't worked in a few days...at best my fuel rail pressure will show but that's it. The pics I attached are the unit when I first turn it on and right after I maneuvered the cord around to get some numbers.

I emailed Spartan a few months ago to see if they had any idea, but it magically stopped right when I asked; now it's very persistent. I put the unit to sleep when I get out, sometimes I shut it off If I'm not driving it for a few days. I've unplugged it at the back and OBD, rebooted it several times, talked dirty to it , and yelled at it to see if it would take voice commands - a little bit of everything. Has anyone else had to deal with this? I will email Spartan, but I thought I would check here first. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DashDAQ Off.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	101098   Click image for larger version

Name:	DashDAQ On.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	101106  

2008 F-250 Lariat 4x4

6.4 Powerstroke
Spartan DashDaq, S&B Intake, 4" exhaust
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 Old 04-24-2013, 12:11 PM
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mine has done that once or twice. I just restarted the Spartan, and it worked fine. Happened a couple times when I first bought it, but hasn't done it in months.

post #3 of 4 Old 04-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

The only time I've ever personally dealt with the gauges being blank is when I shut the truck off for a short period of time (like in a drive-thru ordering food) and I crank the truck back up before allowing the gauges to reset with the key turned over. I've never seen an issue where the gauges just don't show up. My suggestion would be to give Mick a call and see what he thinks. He is the most knowledgeable guy at Spartan when it comes to the DashDAQ hardware.

Jeff Dodd

2012 Ford F-250 Lariat CC/SB

Mods - Spartan tuned via laptop, 4" AFE stainless exhaust system, 2.5" PMF BMC leveling spacers, 3" PMF lift blocks, Fox Racing 2.0 shocks, Recon smoked mirror & cab lights
post #4 of 4 Old 04-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
I have that problem too,it is just the cord on the back is worn and will make and break the connection. the only reason I found that out was after a while it would start shutting down then coming back on, just put the window suction cup on it and make sure the cord does not pull on it. that's what worked for me anyway.

2012 f350 lariat,35x12.50x20 on moto metal mo962 in 20x9 with o offset.bil 5100's,readylift 2.5 level
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode