Different Versions of Spartan 275 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 07:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Different Versions of Spartan 275

I got the Spartan 275 tune in January of 09 when I first tuned and deleted my truck. Shortly there after someone decided they needed my dashdaq more than I did so they broke into my truck and I no longer have it. So I have been on the 275 tune ever since which is not a problem since I absolutely love everything about it. I love the power, love the added fuel economy and I even love the hard shifting. Here is my question: Has there been a significant improvement in the tunes to warrant me spending money on a new dashdaq? I have absolutely NO idea which version of the tune I have. Like I said before I bought it in approximation January of 09. I have read several threads about the new tunes. The EL and LL functions really don't appeal to me and I think some of these tunes that have come out have been to ease the shifting harshness. I love the hard shifting so that doesn't do anything for me. As everyone with Spartan tunes knows the dashdaq is not cheap so I don't want to waste my money on something that doesn't give me a noticeable improvement. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Serving Our Country!

I've been running, the 275 tune for a while now....I think I purchased and installed it in 2011 at 15K miles. It's the best one and other than having to revert to stock form for whatever occasion, I think you'll be fine for the long haul. My torque converter locks up early, at around 48 mph, I'm super content with that and wouldn't personally care for a LL version....
Old 04-02-2013, 03:41 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I wouldn't if you aren't going to run anything higher than the 275 tune. With the update you get all the tunes free, or a new tuner you get all the tunes for the same price. The 310 is so much better than the 275!
Old 04-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by drservo View Post
I wouldn't if you aren't going to run anything higher than the 275 tune. With the update you get all the tunes free, or a new tuner you get all the tunes for the same price. The 310 is so much better than the 275!
I would run the 310 but I am worried about tearing up my transmission.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have run the 310 tune since the day it was released until recently when I swapped to Gearheads tune, even use the high tunes to tow with. I haven't had any problems with the tranny. I drive it pretty hard but don't beat the crap out of it either.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I got two buddies with job 1 truck like mine that have both gone thru tranny's with the 310 tune. Like me, they don't beat on their trucks but from time to time have to put the skinny pedal to the floor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.