bashing my head on a brick wall - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 05:22 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bashing my head on a brick wall

so. idk if im even looking for advice, but if yall have any to offer up it would be cool. so about 6 weeks ago, i had enough money to buy truck parts! i got a dpf delete pipe, egr delete with intake elbow, and a KEM 310 tune. i was so excited to finally be building my truck up. then, while waiting on parts, my master cylinder went out. fixed that. then i got sent the wrong part. i meant to order a DPF/DOC delete and i wasnt paying attention. no biggie, rudy's helped me out gettin me the right part. egr delete is still sitting in my room. took six weeks to get my tune. while i was waiting for the tune, my alternator shorted out. got it towed. replaced it. now it wont communicate with the pcm. then i got my tune and it wouldnt work. had to update my firmware and tune revision. did that, and it worked. tune uploaded to the truck, and then it wouldnt start..... had no strategies and came up with code 1027- wrong vehicle. got a meeting with the senior tech tomorrow afternoon. and i have to make my own bungs for my new exhaust. and still figure out my charging system. its such a bundle of what the F***ing f*** is going on. cant even handle it anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 06:06 PM
Premium Member

Man that sucks. When I first got my Tuner from H&S it didnt want to start at first then walah, it started. Well the feeling I had, and the things going through my head were basicly your last sentece, but my ordeal was for maybe 30 min.

Hope everything gets straightened out, maybe your truck didnt want to be dressed up with goodies and said F-it
Old 03-27-2013, 06:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I hear ya on the surprise repairs. I had my DPF delete pipe and mini maxx ready to go in once I ordered my EGR block plates. Then I'm driving home from Vegas and when I pull in my driveway I see water trickling out my CCV mod. I was so tired I didn't look at it that night, next day I start it up and it's pouring out the CCV so long story short I take it to the dealer and it turns out to be the water pump because my truck still had the old thermostats that cause "turblance" in the water. 2 weeks later and $3500 in bills I did the EGR delete and the DPF delete when it was all ripped apart and tossed on my mini maxx after.

All I have to say is the light at the end of the tunnel is once your deleted and your 6.4 can breathe all the repairs will be like a bad dream. You won't believe the difference, trust me.

Oh and once I put my mini maxx on I installed the "easy" tune and got a wrench idiot light that I could not clear. I was freaking out thinking I broke something. Luckily when I called H&S the next day they said I had to install the medium or hot tune since I had completely removed my EGR.

Let us know how it goes figuring it all out as well.....
Old 03-27-2013, 06:15 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1gg1n5 View Post
I hear ya on the surprise repairs. I had my DPF delete pipe and mini maxx ready to go in once I ordered my EGR block plates. Then I'm driving home from Vegas and when I pull in my driveway I see water trickling out my CCV mod. I was so tired I didn't look at it that night, next day I start it up and it's pouring out the CCV so long story short I take it to the dealer and it turns out to be the water pump because my truck still had the old thermostats that cause "turblance" in the water. 2 weeks later and $3500 in bills I did the EGR delete and the DPF delete when it was all ripped apart and tossed on my mini maxx after.

All I have to say is the light at the end of the tunnel is once your deleted and your 6.4 can breathe all the repairs will be like a bad dream. You won't believe the difference, trust me.

Oh and once I put my mini maxx on I installed the "easy" tune and got a wrench idiot light that I could not clear. I was freaking out thinking I broke something. Luckily when I called H&S the next day they said I had to install the medium or hot tune since I had completely removed my EGR.

I agree, my DPF is chilling inside my Old project 54 pickup and collecting dust. Now I call it Dust Particle Filter
Old 03-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
6 weeks to get a tuner? Holy crap.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:32 PM

Now you got me worried about my job 1 thermostats
Old 03-28-2013, 09:18 AM
live for the now

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
damn talk about bad luck!! it will get better man
Old 03-28-2013, 11:29 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjd View Post
Now you got me worried about my job 1 thermostats
I'm telling you, get those thermostats checked and replaced next time you do a rad flush. My truck has high mileage but still it could be causing damage and wearing away the water pump every time you drive.

I wish I took a picture of the inside of the waterpump. It looked like what termites do to wood...... scary.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:51 PM

I'm planning on getting a flush on my next days off ill get the thermostats changed then. Thanks for the heads up
Old 03-28-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1gg1n5 View Post

yeah, i must say its nice being a tech and having a decent grip on what your doing. even though im still learning about my truck! ahaha ive been on and off with SCT tech support. their figuring it all out for me. they said it should be figured out by the end of the day. then its on to the next headaches. still have to make bungs, weld them on, get my exhaust instaled, get my egr delete installed, figure out my PCM/Alternator issue, and install my guages! and TS is in like six weeks!!!!! ahahaha oh well. its all a learning experience. so. i hate this, but whats a CCV mod? it sounds like something id like to learn about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.