Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

bashing my head on a brick wall

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  '086.4LDiEsEl' 
#1 ·
so. idk if im even looking for advice, but if yall have any to offer up it would be cool. so about 6 weeks ago, i had enough money to buy truck parts! i got a dpf delete pipe, egr delete with intake elbow, and a KEM 310 tune. i was so excited to finally be building my truck up. then, while waiting on parts, my master cylinder went out. fixed that. then i got sent the wrong part. i meant to order a DPF/DOC delete and i wasnt paying attention. no biggie, rudy's helped me out gettin me the right part. egr delete is still sitting in my room. took six weeks to get my tune. while i was waiting for the tune, my alternator shorted out. got it towed. replaced it. now it wont communicate with the pcm. then i got my tune and it wouldnt work. had to update my firmware and tune revision. did that, and it worked. tune uploaded to the truck, and then it wouldnt start..... had no strategies and came up with code 1027- wrong vehicle. got a meeting with the senior tech tomorrow afternoon. and i have to make my own bungs for my new exhaust. and still figure out my charging system. its such a bundle of what the F***ing f*** is going on. cant even handle it anymore.

#2 ·
Man that sucks. When I first got my Tuner from H&S it didnt want to start at first then walah, it started. Well the feeling I had, and the things going through my head were basicly your last sentece, but my ordeal was for maybe 30 min.

Hope everything gets straightened out, maybe your truck didnt want to be dressed up with goodies and said F-it :dunno:

#3 ·
I hear ya on the surprise repairs. I had my DPF delete pipe and mini maxx ready to go in once I ordered my EGR block plates. Then I'm driving home from Vegas and when I pull in my driveway I see water trickling out my CCV mod. I was so tired I didn't look at it that night, next day I start it up and it's pouring out the CCV so long story short I take it to the dealer and it turns out to be the water pump because my truck still had the old thermostats that cause "turblance" in the water. 2 weeks later and $3500 in bills I did the EGR delete and the DPF delete when it was all ripped apart and tossed on my mini maxx after.

All I have to say is the light at the end of the tunnel is once your deleted and your 6.4 can breathe all the repairs will be like a bad dream. You won't believe the difference, trust me.

Oh and once I put my mini maxx on I installed the "easy" tune and got a wrench idiot light that I could not clear. I was freaking out thinking I broke something. Luckily when I called H&S the next day they said I had to install the medium or hot tune since I had completely removed my EGR.

Let us know how it goes figuring it all out as well.....

#4 ·
I agree, my DPF is chilling inside my Old project 54 pickup and collecting dust. Now I call it Dust Particle Filter :)

#6 ·
Now you got me worried about my job 1 thermostats

#8 ·
I'm telling you, get those thermostats checked and replaced next time you do a rad flush. My truck has high mileage but still it could be causing damage and wearing away the water pump every time you drive.

I wish I took a picture of the inside of the waterpump. It looked like what termites do to wood...... scary.

#9 ·
I'm planning on getting a flush on my next days off ill get the thermostats changed then. Thanks for the heads up

#11 ·
CCV mod stands for crank case vent. Instead of having it gum up the intake re route it to the atmosphere or catch can.

#13 ·
Does anyone have anymore input on the thermostats? Mine are fine now and oil coolant temps 5-7 difference on the hiway. I'm just sick of throwing money at stuff especially if its not broke. If everything checks out could it really be causing damage to my water pump?

#14 ·
Im curious about the thermostats as well, my truck has 177,xxx mi with the orignal thermostats with no issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.