Spartan with sinister complete egr delete help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan with sinister complete egr delete help

Hey guys, I'm currently in the process of deleting my 6.4. I ordered a sinister complete egr delete and ill be running a spartan with it. I had some questions so I emailed spartan today and they told me NOT to run the two together. It will cause a check engine light. Has anybody ever done this before? Could I go ahead and run it instead of waiting to get a new delete kit? Also does anybody know if I could run my spartan and dpf delete without doing the proper egr delete or do I have to wait another week... Thanks for all the advice
Sincerely, a man at wits end
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Ok the sinister egr delete will work with the spartan tuner. I am going to lay out the steps for you really fast since I'm at work.

1. Load the 275 tune to the truck either el or ll which ever you prefere do not start truck though. Just turn the key off.
2. Remove the dpf and cat no bungs need just discounect from wires.
3. Install new exhaust
4. Start truck
5. Once truck is started and is running fine turn the truck off and begin egr delete.
On the 275 and up tunes the egr is already disabled. If you want the lower tune with the egr delete you have to download them from spartan
Hope this helps
Old 03-27-2013, 12:10 PM

Is there something different about the sinister kit? I know Spartan allows full removal of egr components including the egr elbow and not needing sensors which are pretty much the only ones on there
Old 03-27-2013, 12:16 PM

No I don't think there are. I think he may have been trying to do the egr delete before the dpf delete
Old 03-27-2013, 01:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

As long as you have a DPF delete file that is also EGR delete loaded, you can run the kit. If you're trying to run the EGR delete with a DPF-on file, the truck will go into limp mode.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

[QUOTE=WoodBoy;4702738]Is there something different about the sinister kit? I know Spartan allows full removal of egr components including the egr elbow and not needing sensors which are pretty much the only ones on there[/

"A sinister egr delete kit will not work with our tuner. You need to get
one from Street Diesel Performance.

If you use sinister egr delete you will have a check engine light on your
truck."
This is what spartan emailed to me, copied/paste. I checked out the other company, and it all looks the same. The description is a bit different though. If I remember right, street diesel mentions the throttle body a few times.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

First off, thank you guys so much for your input. Secondly, sorry it took so long to get back on here, gotta love the coal mine.

To make my questions a little bit less murky. I was wondering if anybody has used the sinister kit in conjunction with a spartan tuner, I will be doing the dpf/cat delete at the same time.
And my other question was. For instance, before I do anything to my stock truck.. Can I run the spartan tuner 275 el (dpf delete tune) with my dpf delete exhaust for a week or so until a new egr delete has arrived in the mail. Once the new egr delete came in, I would put it on that weekend. That's all if I have to send the sinister kit back and get one from Street Diesel. Again thank you guys for your help
Old 03-27-2013, 10:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by F250Marine View Post
Ok the sinister egr delete will work with the spartan tuner. I am going to lay out the steps for you really fast since I'm at work.

1. Load the 275 tune to the truck either el or ll which ever you prefere do not start truck though. Just turn the key off.
2. Remove the dpf and cat no bungs need just discounect from wires.
3. Install new exhaust
4. Start truck
5. Once truck is started and is running fine turn the truck off and begin egr delete.
On the 275 and up tunes the egr is already disabled. If you want the lower tune with the egr delete you have to download them from spartan
Hope this helps
So I don't have to put any of the sensors back into the new exhaust, I ordered bung plugs with my spartan today because this was another questionable subject for me. Thanks
Old 03-27-2013, 10:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

You don't need the sensors. I don't really see what the issue would be in running the Sinister kit with our tuner as long as you're running the EGR delete files. They are on our website available for download. You just need a username and password to log-in and access them.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Okay good deal, those sensors are just one more thing I don't have to touch. Thank you for clearing things up for me. I really didn't want to have to postpone this project any longer than I had to. Waiting on this has been like waiting for Christmas when your ten years old
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.