Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

06 6.0 guy here......

776 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Stroken49s 
#1 ·
just wondering how you guys are doing with your nice 08 6.4's any mod problems. I've heard that you can't do anything to those trucks without voiding your warantees. True or false? Any problems with the new motors yet? Do you guys love that truck or not? I'm considering one but am afraid of the new motor.

Scott

#2 ·
I have zero problems with the truck, if you delete the regen then yes your warranty is gone, however if you change something on a system and another system breaks ford has to honor the warranty unless they can prove it. IE. you change the exhaust tip and then all of a sudden your lights no longer work, ford would have to fix the lights. i love the truck and even more so now that its opened up and alive.

#3 ·
Man I LOVE the new 6.4 and the damn thing is stock. Not trying to sound like a d*ck but i went with the 6.4 because I was scared of the 6.0. I dont think it will let you down. If i can influence you I would buy a used one with around 20K miles and put the KEM DPF delete AFE II and elbo that way "IF" you have problems and your warranty gets voided you didnt pay for a truck with no miles atleast you will save some money. I have a buddy that works for a Chevy dealership that has a 08 F250 LARIAT GREEN OVER GOLD CREWCAB 4X4 with 10K miles on it. I can get you a price just let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.