Down pipe and dpf delete - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 10:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Down pipe and dpf delete

After ready a couple posts about the down pipe restriction I decided to replace it. Also I had previously purchased a mini max and cat/dpf delete pipe from PTP( cheap shameless plug). I installed the mini and liked the results but not the delete pipe. I was worried about the smog laws as the registration is due in June. Well living in the state of California is a pain. I decided to research the law and found out that my truck does not require inspection. The reason is the GVWR of my truck is 14500 the break is 14000 and under. So I jumped right in. first thing I did was wrap the down pipe with DEI Titanium exhaust wrap ( 1"x50"). First I washed the MBRP stainless pipe bought from PTP ( cheap shameless plug) with soap and water to remove any oil. then using a 4 inch stainless hose clamp I made one wrap on the pipe and installed the clamp. Positioning it so not to interfere with any components. Then I wrapped the pipe per instructions and finished just above the area where the to halves of the pipe slip together and placed the second clamp. Positioning it so not to interfere with any components. Then I used stainless safety wire and wrapped the outside to help maintain the integrity of the wrap during and after the install. In the future I may wrap the lower section also. Over all I am happy with every thing the items to install are egr block off and S&B air filter or cai
Attached Thumbnails
Down pipe and dpf delete-2013-03-14_20-37-46_607.jpg   Down pipe and dpf delete-2013-03-14_20-52-34_909.jpg   Down pipe and dpf delete-2013-03-19_18-45-54_579.jpg   Down pipe and dpf delete-2013-03-19_18-46-02_223.jpg  

Last edited by Whbhauling; 03-23-2013 at 10:34 AM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Nice job.

How is the fit of the pipe overall?
How much clearance is there with the cab, frame and bellhousing?

Old 03-23-2013, 12:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Fit is good Once i got the upper pipe in then the lower I installed the delete pipe in the hangers then snugged up the clamps then barred the pipes around to get clearances and tightened them all up. I will post pics tonight when i get home from work
Attached Thumbnails
Down pipe and dpf delete-img_20130323_194956_182.jpg   Down pipe and dpf delete-img_20130323_194835_919.jpg   Down pipe and dpf delete-img_20130323_194816_773.jpg   Down pipe and dpf delete-img_20130323_194749_891.jpg  

Last edited by Whbhauling; 03-23-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Down pipe and dpf delete

That's is the exact same DP and wrap I have, I also got my setup from PTP! I think you'll like it, I saw a good 100-150 egt drop with it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.