Ordered the goods - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ordered the goods

So I placed an order today for the gearbox z and a cat/DPF delete pipe. My question is what gains can I see besides an increase in gas mileage, also I notice that it says that it's stackable so what type of tuners can be stacked with it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ordered the goods

I haven't had any experience with the DPF-R tuners, but since you are running a stock power level I'm gonna assume 1 maybe 2 mpg increase. The higher HP tunes increase your mileage the most if you can stay out of the throttle. I'm also not sure about the stackable, but most of the tuners that are worth anything will delete the DPF and EGR anyway.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-23-2013, 06:17 AM

I was wanting to know what types of tuners can be stacked with the gearbox-z? I didnt want to shell out 1000k+ for an Spartan or H&S.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:23 AM

Ordered the goods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06superduty3997 View Post
I was wanting to know what types of tuners can be stacked with the gearbox-z? I didnt want to shell out 1000k+ for an Spartan or H&S.
Well heck, the DPF-R is 400-600, any other tuner you would stack is gonna be of similar price, at that point you should have just got the spartan or H&S. heck even if you are only a few hundred under. Those are worth it anyhow. Also you might be able to just find a XRT pro for cheaper, or an SCT with gearhead or innovative custom tunes!

I think the reason you don't hear much about the DPF-R tuners on forums is that it isn't worth the slight savings. Unless you are literally planning on only stock power and only want to remove the Regen.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-23-2013, 06:48 AM

Surely, there's a reason why very few people here run that setup...
Old 03-23-2013, 07:05 AM

I paid only around 400 for the DPF-R, which is a huge price difference compared to the Spartan and H&S. Im going to basic training soon which I will be gone for around 3 months. Which when I comeback I wont be so sure these DPF delete tuners will be available like they are now. So I just went on ahead an got the cheap option which is the DPF-R, and I've heard great things about. So instead of the you should have just bought an Spartan or H&S lol, I was just wondering is it any type of particular tuner I would have to get or I could just stack an regular SCT street tuner?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:15 AM

I am not sure what tuners you would be able to stack with it but your main gains will be seen by deleting the dpf which you are in the process of doing obviously. I don't think you would see anything really noticeable by stacking another tuner but something I would look into if I was in your situation would just be a monitoring device to watch temps. I know this doesn't reallyanswer your question but just another opinion to think about I guess . Does the dpf r support egr delete?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:58 AM

I'm really not trying to be a d*ck about it and push the "you should have gotten a H&S or Spartan" but if you are wanting to stack on top of the DPF-R ($400) you probably have to get something like the Banks 6-gun ($600) now you are at $1000 and are only running a +100HP, or you could pay $1200 for a Spartan and get from +40-350HP...

If you are only trying to remove the DPF, sure it works, but once you want to start stacking, you should have just gone with one of the dedicated tuners.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:06 AM

The DPF-R does support EGR deletes, and Countryaggie your good dude I understand where your coming from. This time around I'm only wanting to get 100+ to 160 HP gains and not trying to make it in to a real fast truck like what I was doing with my old 6.0. This one will be my daily driver and just tow a few trailers from time to time.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:24 PM

Ordered the goods

You could get the TS mp8

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.