Spartan 300 tune - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 01:52 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Spartan 300 tune

I was wondering why the Spartan program 300hp is not smooth when the truck shifts into a higher geer I have not tried the 275 and it does the same thing i love the power and the sound but what can i do to clear up the jerky throttle I am installing ladder bars soon but i dont think this will cure is it the TUNE ? please help any suggestion would be great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Are you experiencing a bucking sensation once the converter is locked? If so, traction bars will greatly reduce this. It's related to the touchier throttle the larger tunes have. Axle wrap enhances the jerkiness.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

ive found with mine the higher the tune the more "touchy" the throttle is. with the 350 tune being completely unusable for everyday driving. shifts will smooth out with driving if you stay out of the throttle. im on the 310 tune and like it, PLENTY of power, good fuel mileage (better than 275), and a good trade-off on throttle touchy-ness from the 350.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08stroker250 View Post
Are you experiencing a bucking sensation once the converter is locked? If so, traction bars will greatly reduce this. It's related to the touchier throttle the larger tunes have. Axle wrap enhances the jerkiness.
mine actually has a "shutter" to it and i can feel the rear end wrapping and actually bouncing from the wrap. traction bars are in my future for sure.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:47 PM

I will keep up with this until a cure is found when you feather the throtle its not bad but when you hit the pedal at a certain rpm or a certain gear change it goes buck wild it could be due to od kicking in or the torque converter like stroker stated i am running the 300 tune i would run a 500 tune if i could more power is in the future i am addicted to diesal power
Old 03-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Spartan 300 tune

I don't understand these posts. I run the 300 and my shifts are silky smooth! Literally just turned to my buddy and asked how he would describe the drivability of my truck. His words, "drives like a stock truck, I don't feel your shifts unless you are flooring it, and then I really only feel quick shifts and the torque converter locking."

I do also have traction bars which make a world of difference, but I don't remember the shifts being bad before the bars.

Maybe I'm just lucky and got a gem of a truck....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-22-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryAggie View Post
I don't understand these posts. I run the 300 and my shifts are silky smooth! Literally just turned to my buddy and asked how he would describe the drivability of my truck. His words, "drives like a stock truck, I don't feel your shifts unless you are flooring it, and then I really only feel quick shifts and the torque converter locking."

I do also have traction bars which make a world of difference, but I don't remember the shifts being bad before the bars.

Maybe I'm just lucky and got a gem of a truck....

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

mine arent bad UNLESS i give it excessive throttle. soon as i get to what i would call a fast acceleration the shifts get hard. but driving normal and staying with traffic truck drives stock, all-be-it more aggressive throttle.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Gotta keep those stock clutches from slipping.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:44 PM

I run the 300 EL as my DD, and have had no issues. Shifted a bit hard when i first loaded it, but now shifts great. As of now no traction bars.

One issue i have had is after running the tunes for a few thousand miles, when i let off the throttle and coast to a stop and traffic takes off and i get back on the throttle i get really bad transmission flare. it almost seems like it goes into neutral. then when i get back up to about 45 mph where the tc should lock up it doesnt for a few. Anyone know what is up with this?
Old 03-23-2013, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F250Marine View Post
I run the 300 EL as my DD, and have had no issues. Shifted a bit hard when i first loaded it, but now shifts great. As of now no traction bars.

One issue i have had is after running the tunes for a few thousand miles, when i let off the throttle and coast to a stop and traffic takes off and i get back on the throttle i get really bad transmission flare. it almost seems like it goes into neutral. then when i get back up to about 45 mph where the tc should lock up it doesnt for a few. Anyone know what is up with this?
X2. I also have this issue sometimes. Like whenever someone in front of you slows down to turn then turns off and you get back in the throttle the motor revs up for a second then catches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.