New way to rid truck of DPF / DOC - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New way to rid truck of DPF / DOC

I am pretty new to this forum, but have some information you all might find useful. I am currently testing a new exhaust product for a company out of Utah. They rid the truck of the cat and dpf with a replacement pipe, and trick the computer sensors to stay out of regeneration mode. On a stock truck, it will throw a check engine light. But if you run the Edge Juice with Attitude, and set it to clear codes on start up, you will never see a light. I have this set up right now and absolutely love the power! I know this will be a benefit to those who may want to lose the DPF, but dont want to run a programmer like the KEM. I guess this company has done the same thing with the new cummins exhaust, and it has been a big hit. Let me know what you guys think about this, if it all works out I think they will be selling them at a very reasonable price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hugie View Post
I am pretty new to this forum, but have some information you all might find useful. I am currently testing a new exhaust product for a company out of Utah. They rid the truck of the cat and dpf with a replacement pipe, and trick the computer sensors to stay out of regeneration mode. On a stock truck, it will throw a check engine light. But if you run the Edge Juice with Attitude, and set it to clear codes on start up, you will never see a light. I have this set up right now and absolutely love the power! I know this will be a benefit to those who may want to lose the DPF, but dont want to run a programmer like the KEM. I guess this company has done the same thing with the new cummins exhaust, and it has been a big hit. Let me know what you guys think about this, if it all works out I think they will be selling them at a very reasonable price.
Is this a module by itself to trick the computer without increasing the power? Or does it have to be used with something like Edge? Will it work with Hypermax or Superchips programmers too? Sounds interesting to me. When you say it will throw a check engine light on a stock truck does that mean the regen may start up, or it is simply a cel on but will still work like it should by shutting down the regen. ? I am very interested if it just shuts down the regen..Keep us posted!
Old 01-22-2008, 04:08 PM
im fat and ugly

welcome to the site
Old 01-22-2008, 04:13 PM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR

Sounds pretty cool, but I also ask, does it disengage Regen? Cause if all the Edge is doing is clearing the CEL, the truck will eventually "time out" and kick itself in Regen and it won't know to come out of it.

It has already happened to at least one of our members.

If it does turn off Regen, great, more options for our hobby is always better!!
Old 01-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

is this like an h&s kit for the cummins or something close
Old 01-22-2008, 04:42 PM

H&S makes the kit or did I read it wrong
Old 01-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Banned

Yes, this module keeps regen from coming on. I have driven over 1500 miles and have yet to see any kind of regeneration. It is a small box that plugs into the factory wiring harness connections for all the dpf sensors. From the sounds of it, they will be creating a full Bolt-on system that will be easily returned to stock. They also are working on a full 4" downpipe - back system. The company is H&S, i am surprised you guys had heard of them, they are relatively small and new into diesel performance. Have you heard good or bad things?

Last edited by b_hugie; 01-22-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:47 PM
<<---"Shadow"---

Send a message via Yahoo to sea71
WELCOME!!! Thanks for the info!!
Old 01-22-2008, 06:03 PM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
OK, cool...I guess I didn't understand that there is a module that handles the sensors, and then the Edge just dumps the CELs. Pretty cool.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

gotta link to a website ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.