Three kits 1 6.4!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 05:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Three kits 1 6.4!!!

Just bought my first real diesel truck (first one is a gmc savana 3500 6.5l lol) and after researching like crazy on mods for improving hp and mpg i decided to go ahead right away and spend an extra 1000 on a tuner and deletes since it will pay for itself in fuel economy!!! The truck is a 2008 f-250 crew-cab long bed 4x4 100 000 miles and will be used as a daily driver and for towing my 30" work and play toy-hauler 8400 lbs empty ( 10 000 full ) i' m not going drag racing or anything but it will be fun to smoke those retards with honda's !!! So after shopping i came up with 3 kits 1: spartan phalanx tuner, dpf cat delete. 1380$ shipped (ebay ). 2: sct 3015r, dpf cat delete, afe stage 2 intake 1150$ shipped. 3: sct 3015r, 4"downpipe , back exaust. 1050 shipped (ptcinc.ca). I like the sct delete and fter kit but i'v heard bad experiences with intakes so i think spartan and deletes for 230$ more without intake would be better thanks everyone any help would be appreciated!!! Rock on!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 10:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

It's going to be a long long time before fuel savings pay for the tuner + exhaust. Especially if your going after Hondas.

I have read of people having problems with the 3015 not loading tunes properly.

I'd find an H&S instead.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:32 PM

i use to get frustrated when people would say h&s h&s h&s even if someone didnt ask but honestly after trying out the sct egde and custom tunes on sct i just got a h&s and its way better and worth it. im sure spartan is on par tuning with h&s and has a better monitor but things like shift on the fly and adust for tire size sold me. once again this is just my opinion take it or leave it either way what ever you pick hope it turns out all right for ya. If you are choosing between just the three mentioned definitely go with the spartan
Old 03-14-2013, 03:43 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Three kits 1 6.4!!!

Spartans are great. I don't tow so don't need to be switching tunes, I wish I had the tire adjustment, but since that is my ONLY complaint I'll take the better gauges and run.

On a side note I do believe Spartan has better customer service (but that is just from what I see as response time on the boards by H&S or Spartan employees, Spartan answers board questions fast).

As far as intake, what tune setting do you think you will run? On higher tunes (especially if you are gonna be towing) you will def need an intake or you will start popping your filter minder every time you accelerate).

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-14-2013, 04:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well im planing on keeping the truck for at least 3 years so by my calculations it will pay itself in fuel savings....
Old 03-14-2013, 04:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

H&s is really costs toouch for me. The best i found was 1600$ just tuner... So i will go ahead and buy the spartan with dpf/cat del... Everyone likes them so i cant go wrong with it i think!!! Maybe ad an air filter later this summer... Thanks for all the advice guys!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:48 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Three kits 1 6.4!!!

You might be able to get away with a quality drop in filter. I think S&B makes one. Just stay away from K&N. they are great in N/A motors but not so much in turbo'd

Old 03-17-2013, 05:53 PM

Spartans customer service is superb! Spartan couldn't ask for better employees then Jeff and Mick. Those guys are a wealth of knowledge, patient, and thorough. Their customer service is second to none!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryAggie View Post
You might be able to get away with a quality drop in filter. I think S&B makes one. Just stay away from K&N. they are great in N/A motors but not so much in turbo'd

Curiously, whats the issue with K&N on a diesel/turbo motor? I have heard this a couple times recently and was wondering what issues that they would pose?
Old 03-19-2013, 01:05 PM

Their filters are not up to par. You might as well not run a filter at all...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.