Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Cr@p I got a CEL !!

937 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  TwinTurboStroker 
#1 ·
It happen today about 650miles since I added the airaid I feel like :doh: . I was wondering does it screw with the regen process since the light is on? I have no way of telling what the codes are b/c I don't have a livewire yet so I guess monday the credit card will get a little more heavy. who has intakes on here that had cel issues does it change anything with the light on or does it just throw soft codes?

thanks

Nick

#2 ·
It happen today about 650miles since I added the airaid I feel like :doh: . I was wondering does it screw with the regen process since the light is on? I have no way of telling what the codes are b/c I don't have a livewire yet so I guess monday the credit card will get a little more heavy. who has intakes on here that had cel issues does it change anything with the light on or does it just throw soft codes?

thanks

Nick
Thats the problem...its the intake...all intakes.....you will have 4 codes when you go to read it, and they will all be exhaust codes so it won't make any sense.....but it has everything to do with regen and how sensitive it is.....you can get a regular DTC reader and it will read it for you.....but if your thinking the livewire programming is going to fix it, it won't:(.....AFE is saying that "torque tube" is suppose to fix the problem but :dunno:

#3 ·
julian, I know damn regen !! I was going to purchase the livewire for the performance tune i'm going to wait for for custom tuning before I go any further the addition benefit is it will read the codes I know it won't fix it !

***** The weird thing is I just got into the truck to chase down the garbage man who is picking up christmas trees and the CEL light is off and I'm like WTF WOo HOo I don't understand ******

#4 ·
julian, I know damn regen !! I was going to purchase the livewire for the performance tune i'm going to wait for for custom tuning before I go any further the addition benefit is it will read the codes I know it won't fix it !

***** The weird thing is I just got into the truck to chase down the garbage man who is picking up christmas trees and the CEL light is off and I'm like WTF WOo HOo I don't understand ******
That happened to mine too.....I remember I was haulin azz on the freeway and after a while it went off.....so at WOT it works fine....but trust me it will come back :doh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.