6.4 sct livewire extreme - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 04:09 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.4 sct livewire extreme

Hi guys. New to the tuner thing. But im in Canada and diesel is friggin $5 a gallon now and my 08 f350 is a pig. It is stock except has a s&b intake , level , and 35 inch mts. I bought an unlocked sct livewire extreme 9625or quite awhile ago but still need exhaust. Up here its $260 and up just for a cat/dpf delete pipe with bungs. Just not sure what I should do because I contacted Mike at Kem and he said he can write a file for me so I don't have to have the sensors in the exhaust with the tuner I have. I have not seen one thread yet where sct and no exhaust sensors. anyone running tunes like this?? im thinking custom kem 210 tune but if he can delete the need for exhaust for bungs . great. anyone?? thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 08:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

6.4 sct livewire extreme

I just bought flo pro 4inch down pipe back from a shop in pincher creek for $290

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-02-2013, 08:20 AM

wow. do they sell online? youre in alberta right? only real diesel shop around here I know of is smokem diesel in Regina and a 4" flo pro down pipe back with bungs and muffler is $460. that's the cheapest and $260 for just the cat/delete pipe. integra tire priced me out a downpipe back 4 " @ $1200 with labour. what a joke. 6 hours labour for a pipe? I know you got to put the sensors back in but cmon. anyways about kem mike is awesome. I cant believe how fast he got back to me online when I had questions. Even on a Sat. That $125 file is a custom file where he could remove the need for sensors with my sct. Pretty cool. and a regular file purchased online up to 250 hp is $75.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal30 View Post
wow. do they sell online? youre in alberta right? only real diesel shop around here I know of is smokem diesel in Regina and a 4" flo pro down pipe back with bungs and muffler is $460. that's the cheapest and $260 for just the cat/delete pipe. integra tire priced me out a downpipe back 4 " @ $1200 with labour. what a joke. 6 hours labour for a pipe? I know you got to put the sensors back in but cmon. anyways about kem mike is awesome. I cant believe how fast he got back to me online when I had questions. Even on a Sat. That $125 file is a custom file where he could remove the need for sensors with my sct. Pretty cool. and a regular file purchased online up to 250 hp is $75.
Make sure to ask him if your truck is going to idle regular or at 900rpm. Everyone I ever knew of that even had the sensors turned off still idled at 900rpm
Old 03-02-2013, 09:56 AM

I will when the time comes. I might still just get the kem 210 for $75 and just deal with the sensors. its $50 cheaper and I don't have to mail my tuner to kem from Canada and pay for shipping back too. just paranoid about stupid sensors and wrecking them when I try to remove them. don't want to be stranded. ford here in Canada prob wants my leg and first born for one. Do you guys know that synthetic oil for these trucks is near $40 a gallon here. pretty much $200 oil change. but I buy my motorcraft filters on ebay and save half. thanks for your advice.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:29 AM

You have the choice of Eric@IDP and Matt@Gearhead for emailed tunes FWIW. No sending your tuner anywhere. Both of these guys have awesome customer service and tunes
Old 03-02-2013, 08:30 PM

6.4 sct livewire extreme

I got it from castle custom trucks in pincher creek I'm sure he would ship it to you his email is jaredszakacs@hotmail.com

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-03-2013, 07:53 AM

thank you. ill check it out
Old 03-03-2013, 08:14 AM

I am running the SCT livewire on my 6.4 and because of money, I ordered the delete pipe without bungs. I left my sensors plugged into their harnesses and just tie wrapped them up out of the way and I don;t have any idle issues. Maybe you can get away cheaper like that
Old 03-03-2013, 08:34 AM

thanks. that's would id like to do but apparently sct livewire needs the sensors. Howd you do that or what tune do you use???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.