Northwest Ohio, need a shop to do some serious work?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Northwest Ohio, need a shop to do some serious work??

I'm going to be acquiring a 2009 CCSB soon and I'll be looking to do head studs, air dog lift pump, DPF and EGR full deletes, and traction bars. I've done some searching but only see places down around Columbus. Are there any places from Upper Sandusky area or up towards Findlay or Toledo? This will also be an ongoing project with possibly an upgraded transmission, upgraded k16/injectors, and turbos in the upcoming 12 months. Any direction is appreciated!

you can PM me if you don't want to publicly recommend someone or let me know who does sucky work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 12:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Dave's Diesel in Angola, IN, not sure how close this is to you.

Home

Ask for Joe.

mac 'they do it all' gyvr
Old 02-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

thanks! it's only 2 hours away so definitely not bad. Anyone ever heard of Mac & Bob's out of Findlay? They're actually doing a Cummins in a powerstroke swap in Diesel World. They towed me one day when my POS GM x-fer case flew apart and installed a used one for me and I felt they were very reasonable on everything considering I had no choice and they knew it.

anyone use them? They appear to be focused on big rigs so I don't know if they'd mess with a "light" duty?
Old 02-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

JP,
Prospect motor cars in Prospect is south of Marion. I don't know how far you want to go and I can tell you I had sme reservations myself. I'm in Marysville myself. They ONLY work on Ford Powerstrokes and they must have 200 trucks on their lot for sale. It is a very big shop for a small town like Prospect. Paul is doing a H&S with DPF delete ($2K) on my 08 F250 for me on Tuesday. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I'm in the Dublin area and could suggest Auto Assets in Powell they have hooked it up pretty good in the past on other vehicles. Please let know how things go up in Marion. That's an easy 40 drive and worth it for quality work.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdl636 View Post
JP,
Prospect motor cars in Prospect is south of Marion. I don't know how far you want to go and I can tell you I had sme reservations myself. I'm in Marysville myself. They ONLY work on Ford Powerstrokes and they must have 200 trucks on their lot for sale. It is a very big shop for a small town like Prospect. Paul is doing a H&S with DPF delete ($2K) on my 08 F250 for me on Tuesday. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks! that's not far at all. I run the grain elevators in Harpster and Morral, OH and that's not too much farther! You can direct message me or hit this post again with your experience.

thanks!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well, Paul set up my truck with a Cat/DPF delete and MInMaxx and all I can say is OMG!!!
Only took him about an hour and a half. I will be doing the egr removal with a pipe and also a S&B CAI in the near future. Back to the tuner though, I set up the 300 HD tunes with the S1 trans set. I tried to do the learning bit on the transmission (25% throttle to 80,and stop then 50% - 80 stop then 100% to 80) I could not keep the truck from spinning out at anything past 40% throttle. It looks like the mpg will improve quickly but I didn't drive enough today for that. I will say I don't care if it gets better mileage or not! It is a beast and worth the $2K and the monitoring gives me so much more confidence as to what the engine is doing. See these guys (Prospect Motors) you won't go wrong. They know Powerstrokes and keep a lot of the good parts on hand.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Well, Paul set up my truck with a Cat/DPF delete and MInMaxx and all I can say is OMG!!!
Only took him about an hour and a half. I will be doing the egr removal with a pipe and also a S&B CAI in the near future. Back to the tuner though, I set up the 300 HD tunes with the S1 trans set. I tried to do the learning bit on the transmission (25% throttle to 80,and stop then 50% - 80 stop then 100% to 80) I could not keep the truck from spinning out at anything past 40% throttle. It looks like the mpg will improve quickly but I didn't drive enough today for that. I will say I don't care if it gets better mileage or not! It is a beast and worth the $2K and the monitoring gives me so much more confidence as to what the engine is doing. See these guys (Prospect Motors) you won't go wrong. They know Powerstrokes and keep a lot of the good parts on hand.
You got me fired up for sure now! I gotta lil baby coming sometime in the next 5-6 days (we think) but then after that I'm going to need someone to install that!

I think I'm going to buy a tuner on Friday before they all go away!

where did you get yours? I'm thinking of a Spartan set up just because they're about $800 cheaper!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I got everything from them for a package deal. I paid the premium price for the very reason you state, he had a few of the older dpf capable units left and I wanted to get mine before they were all gone. I can't speak to the Spartan units.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
I got everything from them for a package deal. I paid the premium price for the very reason you state, he had a few of the older dpf capable units left and I wanted to get mine before they were all gone. I can't speak to the Spartan units.
How's your truck running? Still bad to the bone? Do you think you'll need traction bars? I haven't even gotten my truck up here yet but I was thinking I might need them with 400+hp at the rear wheels.. thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.