Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Did you have to do an intake after DPF delete?

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  HM-8404 
#1 ·
Curious to see if those that did a DPF delete had to do an intake install as well or were you able to stick with the stock air filter assembly? Did you throw any codes with the stock filter and assembly?

#2 ·
Only code you will throw with stock filter assembly is if you have the model with a sensor in the air restriction gauge if it sucks it in. Having a vacuum between the intake and turbo is very hard on turbos though

#3 ·
I'm still running the stock box with an AFE filter. No problems. Sucked the filter minder in once or twice but I don't drive it like a race car.

#4 ·
If you run the 300 tune alot then I would recommend getting one. You will be able to tell a difference. EGTs, cleaner running tune, etc. and even though these turbos are tough, their bearings will thank you

#5 ·
On low HP tunes stick air box is fine. On the higher ones you need the CAI. You will pop your filter minder if not. Also with the CAI you will lower your EGTs, lower your turbo spool time (ie less lag), clear up your exhaust when you hammer down and your truck will just plain run better.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#6 ·
I did not stomp on it, at all, and all was well the first week on the performance tune. Then I towed with it on the tow tune. I switched back to the performance tune and it started throwing 2 codes. I can only remember that one of them had to do with the IAT sensor. My filter minder was also pulled in some. I am sure that it got pulled in while towing. I have yet to test the power potential of the tune. My main focus is mileage and engine longevity.

#8 ·
you run more than an 80 mild tune ur going to need one otherwise u suck it in all the time and its very annoying. spend money on an intake.

#9 ·
I just deleted mine and tuned with a Spartan 210. With the stock box and stock filter it sucked the filter minder in once, the day I deleted because I had to see what it would do at WOT from a dead stop. Since then I drive normally and has not sucked it in again. I still plan to install an S&B at a later date.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.