5" exhaust install help. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
5" exhaust install help.

Unless instructions to anything have visual cues for me I am about as dumb as it gets. I purchased a 5" Diamond Eye Performance exhaust system for my truck, and for the most part I am understanding it until it gets to the part where I need to measure and cut a section of pipe to fit.

Now I don't know if all kits are in the same ball park as this but could anyone help me make more sense of it?

I have the PDF of my kits install sheet attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf dep-k5366s.pdf (44.8 KB, 36 views)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If I remeber right I cut off like 4". Dont over think this system its way easy to install. Hardest part was the up pipe. (it will fit just takes some wigglin) And it does help to have some spay lube for the rubber hangers,and take your truck through a cool uncarrige car wash before you crawl under there. Money well spent.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Premium Member

The thing that I don't get is the straight pipe S165058. how is it supposed to conned to the piece before it when both have the same diameter? Is this also the piece that is to be cut down?
Old 02-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

See the bell in 5059, that 5058 will be the cut piece I do beleive.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fussgus View Post
The thing that I don't get is the straight pipe S165058. how is it supposed to conned to the piece before it when both have the same diameter? Is this also the piece that is to be cut down?
Dude, I had the same problem with the same system. I ended up using redneck enginuity and heating both ends of the pipes hammering one end together a bit and using pliers to make the other end bigger. The pipe fit after that a little but not like it supposed to. Diamond Eye was little help and their customer service sucked. After much debate they sent me a new race pipe, but I have yet to try to put it on in fear it wont fit either. As far as how much to cut, my advice to be safe would of course be measure twice, cut once, but also cut short to give yourself some room. You can always cut a little more if it doesnt fit correctly.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Hang the from half of the kit, then the tail pipe and muffler or muffler delete pipe depending on the kit you have, take a measurement from where the front half stops to where the back half begins. Use that measurement to trim the pipe that you will use to joint the two halves together, don't forget to account for the flared ends that have to slide over the adjoining pipe. You may have to remove the rear section of the exhaust to put it back together.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

5" exhaust install help.

I installed all pieces on my ccsb but the piece before the bend over the axle. That's the one I cut. I measured, cut, then installed with no problems.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Premium Member

Okay so I am a retard. I guess if one were to have patience I would have realized that the second down pipe piece and the one that follows do actually fit together but like I said I am an idiot.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i installed the back and then the front leaving the middle piece out, then mesured and made the cuts, i had to make 2 cuts, one 4 " and the other 10" or so.it was easy, best thing isto have 2 people and a few jack stands to hold it in place, before you start to tighten it all up. WD40 is your friend
Old 02-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Premium Member

One thing I noticed is that when those 2 pieces are connected I can slip them all the way up to the hanger which removed 11". So maybe no cutting? I am just trying to give myself false hopes at this moment seeing as I do not have a garage of my own or have a garage I can bring my truck to for a day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.