Leveling questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 04:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Leveling questions

What are the benefits of leveling, if any, and is there any negatives as far as performance and wear. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 04:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Advantages of leveling, in my opinion, is looks. You retain your factory ride quality (if you do a spacer level) and can run a slightly larger tire (some guys run 37s on leveld trucks) Also, you don't really get into having too much lift to interfere with towing anything.

As far as negatives, I personally, see none. My 05 I had was leveled on 35s and I never had any issues with reliability or performance or excessive wear. I have not leveled my 08 yet, but I do plan on going that route when funds allow.

As with anything suspension related, make sure to pay attention to torque values and after a few hundred miles checking that everything is still good and tight. Or have a reputible garage do it for you.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

The only benefits are looks and fitting larger tires.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:04 AM

Just had my 2010 F350 leveled about 1 month ago. Benefits to me were the looks....truck sits nice and level now. I also plan to upgrade to larger tires soon.

I researched on line and talked to a few shops. There are options out there as cheap as $100 and as expensive as you can imagine. Cheap kits are nothing but a set of coil spring spacers. My advice....make sure you spend the $$$ and get a quality kit. I used ReadyLift 2.5" leveling kit which cost about $350 if I remember correct. It comes with good quality coil spring spacers and shock extension brackets so you can still use your stock shocks. It also has a track bar bracket that keeps the geometery same after lifting front end. If you just try to add coil spring spacers, I'm told that your front axle may become slightly off centered due to the new angle of the track bar. Some people just leave it and have no issues but I'm pretty anal about my truck. Also make sure you get alignement after installing any level/lift kit. I had mine installed at a local 4WD performance shop so 2.5 hrs of labor plus front end aligment....cost me about another $300 for the install so total around $600 i guess for everything.

Last edited by sugelle; 02-16-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:25 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I did the same exact thing as sugelle and added tires in my sig and couldn`t be happier.sits nice and level now
Old 02-16-2013, 03:41 PM

I'd like to put a leveling kit on mine, but then it wouldn't fit in my garage. I had one on my 03. But that's older technology
Old 02-16-2013, 06:35 PM

I bought the ready lift 2.5 leveling kit.. I think it was the SST something or whatever.. The only thing I didn't like about it, and if you look at it at certain angles, it almost looks like the back is sitting lower, but tape measure from pavement to top center of wheel well was exact same front to back. I then purchased PMF traction bars and decided to go with a bigger rear block.. I went with a 5" instead of the 4" that comes with the leveling kit
Old 02-17-2013, 08:41 AM

Thats how my 03 sat with the procomp leveling kit I installed. Of coarse at least you got rear blocks for yours. I ended up adding a 4" tapered block to the back. My guess was it would of been fine if I had a 1ton vs a 3/4 ton.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Not trying to hijack the thread, but I also have a question. I have a 08 SCSB 4X4 Lariat and want to add a level kit. I was looking at Newton's 1", 1 1/2", and 2" spacer kits and was trying to figure out which would level my truck the best without having to add rear blocks. I seen Zone Offroad also has the 1" and 2" spacer kit. Does anyone have any experience with one of these kits?
Old 07-10-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0864stroker View Post
Not trying to hijack the thread, but I also have a question. I have a 08 SCSB 4X4 Lariat and want to add a level kit. I was looking at Newton's 1", 1 1/2", and 2" spacer kits and was trying to figure out which would level my truck the best without having to add rear blocks. I seen Zone Offroad also has the 1" and 2" spacer kit. Does anyone have any experience with one of these kits?
Newton makes good kits. For the money there is no way I would buy any other leveling kit for a superduty. I have installed around 5 and just ordered another one today from them. I would say 2" if It were my truck. 1.5" if you tow often. 2.5" on F350.

Now, if you want to improve ride quality, the progressive rate springs that Icon has seems to be a great product and probably one of the most popular. We are talking to different spectrums on price. I wouldn't ever waste my money on a ready lift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.