kem programer - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2007, 12:45 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
kem programer

if you install the kem programer can you uninstall it like superchips etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2007, 01:12 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

Good question. I wanna know if it leaves a footprint also.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I was told by the Ford tech here that anything downloaded into the ECM is tracible by a Ford Rep Engineer that will show up if any major issue turns up with the 6.4L
Old 12-15-2007, 03:04 PM

I think Ford Reps and Engineers are FOS they have said that with every new engine for a while now. Yet when you go to dealership they just hook your truck up to a pos laptop from wal-mart.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:21 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have to agree with this statement. A friend of mine is a service tech at ford said a guy bought his 08 in with a blown turbo and they replaced it. He asked the guy off the books if he had a programmer he said yes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tone View Post
I think Ford Reps and Engineers are FOS they have said that with every new engine for a while now. Yet when you go to dealership they just hook your truck up to a pos laptop from wal-mart.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:12 AM

what is kem and where do i get one
Old 12-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Project Abused

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudnsmoky620 View Post
what is kem and where do i get one
Its a programmer from KEM profermance, that actually deletes the regen from your truck, and in doing so gives you better gas mileage and balls. Getting one is a diffrent story hes not the easiest to get ahold of. I have been tryin for a week, he has returned my calls twice however both times I didn't get to the phone in time so its been a long game of phone tag.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:02 PM

is anyone else goin to come out with something like that soo it more open to people
Old 12-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Banned

My understanding is that the KEM secret to regen delete is that he is using the Ford flash for mining trucks which don't have to comply with emissions. He is tweaking the tuning for more hp as well. The kicker that I have heard is that it only works on early 08s. The newer strategies can't be flashed down to this off-road one. It's the same as if you had the inductive heating strategy and tried to get the buzz flash installed. The Ford system can't go backwards in regards to updating the strategy.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. You just don't hear anybody talking about this, so my information may not be correct.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Deere View Post
My understanding is that the KEM secret to regen delete is that he is using the Ford flash for mining trucks which don't have to comply with emissions. He is tweaking the tuning for more hp as well. The kicker that I have heard is that it only works on early 08s. The newer strategies can't be flashed down to this off-road one. It's the same as if you had the inductive heating strategy and tried to get the buzz flash installed. The Ford system can't go backwards in regards to updating the strategy.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. You just don't hear anybody talking about this, so my information may not be correct.
No thats not correct.....the whole mining truck thing was something that I asked you guys about 3 months ago.....no one including Ford (different dealerships and fleet managers) can tell me if there is such a thing as the "mining truck", but I have heard they are out there. To put it shortly, instead of going in and trying to modify sensors and possibly messing something up he goes and just turns off regen at the "main breaker".....if that makes sense.......so in the end the motor thinks its on a dyno and not in a truck to worry about emission issues.....a lot of the companies are having a hard time with this truck.....there is a new flash out there which is throwing everyone for a loop....I mean the truck has almost been out for a year and there is still nothing from K&N, Banks, AEM the reason being that they are all having the same difficulty as the companies that have stuff out for are having......and that is regen......regen is simply just too sensitive and too much of a pain to try to get aftermarket things to work on the truck without setting off the CEL.......simply put if you want to mod your truck without any headaches, then you need to get of the DPF and regen.....but there goes your warranty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.