Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Stock tune on exhaust with bungs?

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  travisH3 
#1 ·
Im probably picking up a diamond eye 5 inch turbo back system soon. Just wondering if i get one with bungs will i be able to run the stock tune.

#2 ·
If your asking if you can put the sensors in the new exhaust and delete the dpf without tuning the truck with a "race" tuner? No it will not work. Truck will go into regen then eventually limp mode and will only start once.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Ok thanks
Im only asking because since installing my minimax and running the dpf present tune i lost about 60km per tank or more. Maybe its because my dpf is still there but i find for long drives im switching back to stock to get the mileage. Whats the point of having the bungs on an exhaust.

#4 ·
Some tuners require the bung to be intact. H&S doesn't so just unplug them and leave them in the dpf when you remove it

#6 ·
It should as long as you keep your foot out of it. It's harder than you think. The dpf on tune might be creating more soot causing more frequent regens which will burn up more fuel. I don't know how great the dpf on tunes but now since the EPA stuff I expect them to refine them more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.