Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Any issues in buying a used Minimaxx offroad?

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  travisH3 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me of any issues I might face with a used Minimaxx? Also any differences in tunes or changes between an Auto and Manual truck usage? I know about the TCM for autos but was not sure if this had to be removed for Manuals. I'm hoping to find a good deal on the Minimaxx now that prices have skyrocketed and want to make sure that I won't hurt myself if I buy it used rather than almost 1000 more for a new one!

#2 ·
I bought a used no problems for 1 1/2 years knock on wood. Just make sure its unlocked. Not to sure on the tc lockup though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#3 ·
Ah, forgot about the lock, hoping this one is unlocked for the price..

#4 ·
Is there anyway to verify it a unit is VIN unlocked without physically holding it first?

#8 ·
Little security is correct. The problem is the seller could just put it back on, load a tune, then sell, and ship it.

It's a cynical way to look at things, but without knowing the person or having some sort of plan for fair trade (like eBay... fwiw), there's little that can be done to assure that it will arrive unlocked.

#9 ·
Ah so as long as his tunes are removed and its returned to stock then it's "should" be ok

#10 ·
If you pay through PayPal you are covered. I just bought a used mini maxx and had him send me pics of the show settings screen to make sure the ECM wasn't downloaded. Just make sure you don't gift the money to him. Pay the fees to cover your butt and put in the comments box h&s mini maxx "race" tuner unlocked. That's what I did so that if I got it I could call them and say that's what I bought and item wasn't as described.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.