Banks 66100 tuner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Banks 66100 tuner

Any body have or used one. after doing some research it seems like they are even cleaner then stock. 2-4 mpg improvement with just a clean 115hp and 200 foot pounds of torque? I can pick one up for about $360 with free shipping.

Banks AutoMind Programmer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have one. Works good, installs pretty much like the other tuners, plug into OBD port, choose tune to install and disconnect when done.

100% CARB/EPA approved so you won't get in any trouble anywhere except maybe the dealer if you still have warranty left as no tuner has been sanctioned by Ford.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smotrs View Post
I have one. Works good, installs pretty much like the other tuners, plug into OBD port, choose tune to install and disconnect when done.

100% CARB/EPA approved so you won't get in any trouble anywhere except maybe the dealer if you still have warranty left as no tuner has been sanctioned by Ford.
How did it help the truck? what did you notice the most after install? MPGs hp and so on? its supposed to be one of the cleanest tuners out. I am just looking for some better mileage and a small torque gain.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Re: Banks 66100 tuner

Mainly power. The mileage with the DPF in place is minimal, you may see 4 tops, but more likely 2-3 if you drive normal. Regen's are fewer as well, usually one per fill up, occasionally on the next fill up. Mine are usually at 400+ miles, haven't quite hit that 500 yet, but gotten close a few times.

The power is definitely noticeable though, whether at idle or cruising, it still gives you that thrown into the back of the seat feel.

Sent from my LTEVO using AutoGuide app.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smotrs View Post
Mainly power. The mileage with the DPF in place is minimal, you may see 4 tops, but more likely 2-3 if you drive normal. Regen's are fewer as well, usually one per fill up, occasionally on the next fill up. Mine are usually at 400+ miles, haven't quite hit that 500 yet, but gotten close a few times.

The power is definitely noticeable though, whether at idle or cruising, it still gives you that thrown into the back of the seat feel.

Sent from my LTEVO using AutoGuide app.
2-3 MPG would be great as well as a cleaner running truck. the HP would just be a plus. I dont race My truck as its a work truck. its sitting in My driveway at just under 10500 lbs. I just had to D plate it last week. sounds like the Banks is just what I am looking for and will pay for itself in no time at all. finding some pretty happy people that have installed them. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.