dpf delete out of warranty - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 06:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dpf delete out of warranty

cant seem to find any info about this, seems ive seen it before but idk where it is.
i was wondering if it is even a problem to delete the dpf, egr, muffler, and add a tuner to a truck that is out of warranty.
i want to know if i would have any issues with the dealer ship or whoever works on the truck. say i take it in for regular service, would it be a problem? and what is a new re flash comes out?
i mainly want to know the downsides of doing this after the warranty is expired. im in nc and i believe desiels are emissions exempt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 06:20 AM
Hunter of Trolls

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdawg8394 View Post
cant seem to find any info about this, seems ive seen it before but idk where it is.
i was wondering if it is even a problem to delete the dpf, egr, muffler, and add a tuner to a truck that is out of warranty.
i want to know if i would have any issues with the dealer ship or whoever works on the truck. say i take it in for regular service, would it be a problem? and what is a new re flash comes out?
i mainly want to know the downsides of doing this after the warranty is expired. im in nc and i believe desiels are emissions exempt.

I'm in NC, too- and we're NOT exempt, we're just inspected for safety equipment.. that could change in the future real easy like, and likely will.. there are some places that perform a visual anyway, and that could cause you issues if you don't know the place..

out of warranty? I'd delete real quick like.. If I had to do it again, I'd gut the DPF though- which would allow you to easily pass a visual.. If you take the truck to the dealer and they flash it with an update, just make sure and have your tuner with you when you pick it up so you can slap your delete tune back on- no harm, no foul..
Old 02-04-2013, 06:23 AM
Premium Member

Im not sure about where you live, but all the dealers ive been to dont give a crap about my mods. If they have to hook up to the truck computer to find a code or etc. they just unplug my plug under the dash so they can hook up there computer then plug mine back in. Get a good tuner. Even if they did flash your truck with some kind of new crap, your tuner is going to put back its tune over the factory anyway. You should not have any trouble with regular service other then maybe someone asking you how it runs
Old 02-04-2013, 06:27 AM

I figured when the warranty runs out i would be fine, I couldn't think of a reason for them to have a problem with it but you never now and ive never heard of anyone having a run in with the epa. I guess ill delete. but if you get a reflash and a race tune is loaded would that not interfere in anyway? or does it just flash over that tune and as long as you reinstall your fine. but what about the time between the reflash and you picking it up, could it throw codes and run into limp mode?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:29 AM

You could also just tell the dealer that your truck is tuned and that you don't even want them to reflash even if there is a new one available.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:45 AM

new question, will i even be able to delete the truck? the new epa stuff seems to be limiting this.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:49 AM
Premium Member

Yes delete tuners are still available however, due to the recent EPA crackdowns prices have increased significantly because of supply and demand. Get a H&S, SCT or SPartan before its too late if you plan on deleting in the future!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:53 AM

I have a straight piped and tuned 6.4 and the dealer knew about it and they told Ford about it when I took my truck in for issues...even with that, I STILL GOT A NEW SHORT BLOCK LAST WEEK UNDER WARRANTY and they put in ARP head studs.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:54 AM
Premium Member

Ford must have had a substitute teacher working the day they approved that or fixed them a mean breakfast!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:58 AM

I was surprised. I was honest with the service advisor when he asked me questions (I didn't go out of my way to provide the info though until I was asked). He said Ford may or may not cover it and they ended up covering everything.

Started out saying rockers: covered
Then needed new block due to one scored cylinder wall: covered
Then needed one new head: covered
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.