Initial Spartan set up questions? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 06:23 AM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Initial Spartan set up questions?

Doing an EGR delete and DPF delete on a 2010 6.4 and having an issue with the Spartan. It's saying we need a username and password to be able to download the EGR delete tune. He's never received his username or password. Do you have to have the EGR delete tune or is it already installed on the Spartan? Can anyone help me get a username and password for it so I can get this done today? Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Initial Spartan set up questions?

Who did he buy the tuner from? I bought mine from Rudy's and they set me up a username when I called and asked.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 02-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Illiana Chapter Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryAggie View Post
Who did he buy the tuner from? I bought mine from Rudy's and they set me up a username when I called and asked.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Bought from Jeremy at XDP. The customer didn't realize he had to have the username and password and said Jeremy never said anything about it. This is the first 6.4 I've worked on so I'm learning too.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:47 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yikes, you won't be getting any help from XDP till tomorrow. Damn that sux on a Saturday or a Sunday.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You can load up the 275 tune and it will already have the egr off mode built in to it. Then you customer will have to email spartan and have them send him a disclaimer form to fill out and fax back to them. Once they receive the disclaimer, they will then send out his user name and password to download the egr delete tunes, for the lower power settings. If the egr is already deleted just load the 275 or higher tunes and it will be all good.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Illiana Chapter Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by F250Marine View Post
You can load up the 275 tune and it will already have the egr off mode built in to it. Then you customer will have to email spartan and have them send him a disclaimer form to fill out and fax back to them. Once they receive the disclaimer, they will then send out his user name and password to download the egr delete tunes, for the lower power settings. If the egr is already deleted just load the 275 or higher tunes and it will be all good.
That's good to know. He already signed the disclaimer and everything because they wouldn't ship him the tuner until he did. It may all get put on hold anyway now. Working on the exhaust and i can't get the rear sensor out. Also can't figure out why there are 4 bungs in new exhaust and only 3 sensors in factory exhaust.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:39 AM

He probably signed XDP's waiver. Spartan doesn't need any bungs in the exhaust. I would just unplug the sensors from the wire harness and leave them in the stock pipe. Then go find four bolts to plug the bungs in the after market pipe. Bam problem solved. Also the dashdaq reads the egts pre turbo.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Got it figured out and got all the sensors swapped. Still can't do any tuning though. Says that a license is required for any of the tunes.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:02 PM

I can email the egr delete tunes to you if you want? You dont need to sign another waiver form to get them, they are on the site to download. (Need to sign in though)
Old 02-03-2013, 04:06 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton1985 View Post
I can email the egr delete tunes to you if you want? You dont need to sign another waiver form to get them, they are on the site to download. (Need to sign in though)
I'm assuming you have to sign in with the username and password Spartan gives you? If so, he never got that from them. He's gonna call tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.