Spartan - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 11:47 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan

With all the EPA stuff going on with h&s and SCT would it be good idea to get a spartan? Or will Same thing be going on with spartan soon as well.. I have egr delete, dpf delete ect.. I hate the fact that if my mini gets stolen or whatever I'm screwed I guess from what I gather! I think it's bullshi$ about all off it, but it's even worse that those of us that's already bought can't get a replacement if stolen or damaged too know repair.. Again my question is.. Is spartan safe for now or are they about too go too? If not I think gonna pull the trigger
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 12:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Re: Spartan

Same thing will eventually happen to them. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Sent from my LTEVO using AutoGuide app.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The real question is will there be updates from H&S and Spartan or will we have to go through other companies via custom
Tunes. H&S and SCT already have got custom tuning, but what about spartan? I run spartan but I may buy an H&S just to get custom tuning
Old 01-27-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008SleeperStroker View Post
The real question is will there be updates from H&S and Spartan or will we have to go through other companies via custom
Tunes. H&S and SCT already have got custom tuning, but what about spartan? I run spartan but I may buy an H&S just to get custom tuning
H&S will continue to support the "Old" tuners that are out there. So for now, if you have a Pre Street Tuner H&S product, support will still be available.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:08 PM

Yes but if it gets stole or damaged your up .... Creek.. That's the way I take it
Old 01-27-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba8 View Post
Yes but if it gets stole or damaged your up .... Creek.. That's the way I take it
Yup, you are correct. I'm glad H&S can and will still support the "Old" tuners, however, I understand why they have to draw the line in the sand somewhere. I'm sure when they negotiated with the EPA, many rules and regulations were applied.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:46 PM

Keep in mind, this is just for now. After the EPA fines them and sets guidelines, they may not continue to provide these tunes. Look at Edge, there's instructions there about a buy back. This means the EPA wants all these tuners back. In other words, they don't want people driving around with the ability to delete.

I wouldn't doubt at all there won't be instructions saying no tuning can be provided for these tuners in the future.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I agree the EPA would like them back but are sure it is unlikely. This what was told to me when I contacted Edge

As part of the agreement we made with the EPA we will be doing a voluntary recall on the Racing(DPF delete) products that we sold, which means we will take them back if people want to send them back. Edge will be emailing or contacting owners of these products to let them know about the recall. Once the customer sends the product back they will be refunded the MVP price on the product. Unfortunately the EPA sent out their press release before everything was processed in the courts, which is what we were waiting on before making our own announcements.

Best regards,

Mark Hayward

My guess is H&S will continue to support old tuners. Settings can be run with Dpf present or removed.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:46 PM

That's good news if that's what happens with SCT and H&S, but they sold a lot more devices then Edge did. So we'll just have to wait and see.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.