Snow Performance Stage 3 Water/Methanol Kit - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Snow Performance Stage 3 Water/Methanol Kit

I saw this kit being advertised and was thinking about purchasing it. I was curious if anyone has ran it yet, and if so whether you think it is worth it. I plan on doing some towing, but was really interested in using it at the track. Also with the 7 gallon tank, I was wondering how long the tank lasted. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Premium Member

I did and honestly its not worth it. I only saw 1mpg more and it sucks the water down very quick. Its your decision but in a week i took mine off. These 6.4 don't really like water/methanol kits.

What these truck absolutely love is nitrous

Now if you want to do nitrous i highly recommend doing studs, gaskets, and getting the heads worked on
Old 01-27-2013, 02:33 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Snow Performance Stage 3 Water/Methanol Kit

I know a couple of guys that have this kit, one on a 6.0 and one 6.4. Both of them tow heavy and swear by them, mainly for how well it helps with exhaust temperatures.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:32 AM
Premium Member

Yes this is true, but for at the track no.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for your guys imput. I don't really tow at all really, just a few buddies cars here and there so it's not like i'm hauling a lot of weight around. I did just recently get my truck out of the shop and had new head gaskets and studs installed. Also did other supporting mods, egr delete, 71 atmo, intake manifold, 30 over injectors, steed speed manifolds, up pipes with wastegate. The trans is going to be built in a few months from now. So what i'm taking from this is nitrous is the way to go for me. I just figured meth was safe and a good alternative. If nitrous I guess the nitrous express dual stage kit with the progressive controller is the way to go? I was browsing thru other threads last night regarding nitrous and that seemed to be the one most liked the best. Thanks again for your advice. Still kind of new to the diesel world and figuring things out.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You should visit psa forum, lots of knowledgeable guys there and more high performance/build orientated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.