H&S / Map Sensor HELP ASAP, PLEASE - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 04:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation H&S / Map Sensor HELP ASAP, PLEASE

Ok, since I wiped my signature clean because of the C@ck eating EPA, I will give you a quick update to my problem(s) and my questions.

I have been running my 250 tune with the S1M tranny tune for about 30,000 trouble free miles. Today on my way to work my check engine light came on and after a scan I found two codes, P2563 & P006B. I brought it to my local Ford dealer and they put a new Map Sensor in and everything was cool. Yes, I have a great relationship with them....The owners son is the service manager, and his is a good friend (Thank god).

Now, my problem / question. The truck runs great and no more codes. I beat the p!ss out of it tonight to double check . However, now I do not roll any coal? Before when I would pound on it, the thing would roll.

BEFORE you all slam me....I DO NOT roll coal unless I'm racing someone! I am just as p!ssed as you guys are about the C@ck eating EPA, and the people who have given diesels a bad rap. My question is how and where did the smoke go? I'm running my LBF on 4? I'm so confused?

Let me hear it boys.

Thanks!
Turbo Kidd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 06:01 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo kidd View Post
Ok, since I wiped my signature clean because of the C@ck eating EPA, I will give you a quick update to my problem(s) and my questions.

I have been running my 250 tune with the S1M tranny tune for about 30,000 trouble free miles. Today on my way to work my check engine light came on and after a scan I found two codes, P2563 & P006B. I brought it to my local Ford dealer and they put a new Map Sensor in and everything was cool. Yes, I have a great relationship with them....The owners son is the service manager, and his is a good friend (Thank god).

Now, my problem / question. The truck runs great and no more codes. I beat the p!ss out of it tonight to double check . However, now I do not roll any coal? Before when I would pound on it, the thing would roll.

BEFORE you all slam me....I DO NOT roll coal unless I'm racing someone! I am just as p!ssed as you guys are about the C@ck eating EPA, and the people who have given diesels a bad rap. My question is how and where did the smoke go? I'm running my LBF on 4? I'm so confused?

Let me hear it boys.

Thanks!
Turbo Kidd
You're truck is now correctly reading the air input, which would result in the correct amount of fuel to match the amount of air.

Honestly, the LBF settings have no effect on power output. I would run it on 0 for the cleanest and most efficient burn. I would also recommend updating your tuner to the .47 update. Even when racing, your truck shouldn't be "rolling coal." Ideally, you would want a VERY light haze at WOT, and these trucks are very capable of running smoke free.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
You're truck is now correctly reading the air input, which would result in the correct amount of fuel to match the amount of air.

Honestly, the LBF settings have no effect on power output. I would run it on 0 for the cleanest and most efficient burn. I would also recommend updating your tuner to the .47 update. Even when racing, your truck shouldn't be "rolling coal." Ideally, you would want a VERY light haze at WOT, and these trucks are very capable of running smoke free.
Thanks, you confirmed what I was thinking. I also could not agree with you more on cleaning up my / our tunes. Fast is fast, no need for smoke. I know we can't put SH!T back on the Donkey, but I wish I / we all would have realized this about 10 years ago.....maybe the tunes out there wouldn't have come under the eyes of the C@CK eating EPA?
Old 01-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo kidd View Post
Thanks, you confirmed what I was thinking. I also could not agree with you more on cleaning up my / our tunes. Fast is fast, no need for smoke. I know we can't put SH!T back on the Donkey, but I wish I / we all would have realized this about 10 years ago.....maybe the tunes out there wouldn't have come under the eyes of the C@CK eating EPA?
Unfortunately, idiots will be idiots. There will always be somebody to ruin the fun.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickStroke6.0 View Post
Unfortunately, idiots will be idiots. There will always be somebody to ruin the fun.
Amen. I will admit, back in the late 1990's and early 2000's I was rolling coal, most of us were. However, we all learned that our ways must change. I don't want to waste any fuel.....I want it to burn and make efficient power.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:42 AM

Anyone else want to chime in and either verify what SickStroke6.0 and I are thinking, or toss other ideas my way?

Thanks,
Turbo Kidd
Old 01-25-2013, 08:28 AM

I think sickstroke is correct. With the new map sensor the truck is adding the correct amount of fuel for the airflow. The less smoke the better and the more power it makes.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04hdfatboy View Post
I think sickstroke is correct. With the new map sensor the truck is adding the correct amount of fuel for the airflow. The less smoke the better and the more power it makes.
Thanks 04hdfatboy....

I do like having less smoke. Maybe, my fuel economy will get a little better too? In any case, my next step is to update my Mini to the lastest update. I have been waiting to do it, but I have not updated my tuner since I installed it. I'm still on .32 I just hope I don't regret updating....based on others' claims of high boost numbers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.