Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Lowering of EGTs

997 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  richardndawnc 
#1 ·
Well my brother is going to get the KEM programmer finally and do the strait pipe mod... he already has the mbrp dual exhaust out back.... he wants to know if he wouuld run dual 4" pipe FROM the DOWNPIPE back would that help lower egt vs just one 4" pipe back to his duals?

#2 ·
One pipe back is plenty when you get into the 4 inch systems. Duals on a diesel are just for looks

#3 ·
I have the single 4" off down pipe, with it turned down out of a 5" tip at rear end.And my EGT dropped from 1600 up hill to 1250 on the same hill, with the same type load. It will only see over 1400 if I really push it hard up hill with a heavy load. Kem said not to let the truck go over 1400 for more than a few seconds on a heavy pull , so I do back off some and it drops instantly under 1400, not like it did in stock form ,with DPF were it would just hang there for a few seconds before it would cool down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.