Guess we can say goodbye to H&S tuned DPF/EGR delete. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 09:03 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Guess we can say goodbye to H&S tuned DPF/EGR delete.

I am sure many of you already know about this but I felt like a discussion was necessary, and honestly wanna know what some of you guys think about it. For those of you reading that don't know.. H&S performance will no longer make tuners with the option to DPF/EGR delete unless your vehicle is approved by the EPA. Honestly i think its a dark day for diesel engines out there and personally i feel a little upset about once again the government stepping on our toes .

Ya I know we gotta make sacrifices to curb global warning. Even if it means spend more at the pump and pay more taxes to hire EPA people to make sure everyone else follows suit. WTF ever!

Anyways with that being sad I encourage those that haven't bought a tuner to do so asap because when the DPF ones are gone they are gone for good. I have even been contemplating buying a second one for myself just in case. I am not sure if H&S will even support them anymore or replace it if it gets damaged in some way.. I'm thinkin not. Just had to vent about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm not happy about it, and I don't even own a truck with a DPF (yet)
Old 01-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

See this:
EPA Settles with EDGE Over Tuners Allowing DPF Delete

What will most likely happen is anyone who develops Tunes / Tuners will be required to only develop tunes that do not disable / encourage deletes of emissions equipment. Likely, some companies, like Edge, will pay a fine if they want to stay in business.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:54 AM

The problem is that the tuners went for maximum power rather then maximum efficiency. If they had gone for maximum efficiency, vehicles tuned wouldn't be producing noticeable amounts of soot out the tail pipes. They could have easily provided tunes designed to eliminate as much smoke as possible while still making power. Instead we have vehicles making 300+ additional HP smoking up the highways drawing attention to the diesel community.

Don't believe me, do a search for "best smoke picture" and look at the thread that shows up.

Sucks it had to come to this.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:08 PM

smotrs is 100% correct! This why I drive @ on my 210 tune it really doesn't smoke at all & gives good milage/power! I've tried some of my hire tunes & didn't like the smoke, but i sure do see a lot of people driving @ that do!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Premium Member

Not so long ago "rice burners" or whatever you want to call em grabbed all of the attention. Now the diesel community has become a target. 500+ horsepower tunes, 4-6" exhaust and stacks coming out of beds spewing locomotive sized plums have pissed off many a people. I don't run tunes that have lots of smoke but I was behind an old diesel pickup with big stacks pushing black smoke all in front of my view. It was cool for 5 seconds but then it became irritating!
Old 01-23-2013, 04:28 PM
Premium Member

Besides all of the black smoke I don't understand how people aren't shredding transmissions and breaking more drive-train components adding all of that power and torque.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:45 PM

I talked to a H&S tech helping me with a update issue and he stated that though they will no longer be producing the dpf/egr delete software loaded in the programmers , they are still updating and continuing to improve the tunes and will continue to support those of us with the dpf/egr delete programmers.... He also stated the new programmers are the same as the current ones the difference is we can no longer access the dpf/egr tunes... So our programmers will still be repairable in the future....
Old 01-23-2013, 06:00 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by htgspecialties View Post
I talked to a H&S tech helping me with a update issue and he stated that though they will no longer be producing the dpf/egr delete software loaded in the programmers , they are still updating and continuing to improve the tunes and will continue to support those of us with the dpf/egr delete programmers.... He also stated the new programmers are the same as the current ones the difference is we can no longer access the dpf/egr tunes... So our programmers will still be repairable in the future....
The situation sucks but that's good that they will still help those with their tuners.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have the mini max with the dpf delete. I recently updated my firmware and went to the newest version . I still have HD300 tunes but the named changed to performance but what I have noticed is that the black smoke is a lot less and it seems to get better fuel economy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.