Spartan tuner and DPF delete? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 01:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan tuner and DPF delete?

Recently got a 2010 f-250 and am now looking to do some mods. Haven't been too happy with the millage I've getting around town, last tank showed 12mpg but hand calculated was 11.3. Been thinking about doing the Spartan tune with a DPF delete. The issue I'm having is the DPF delete that I was looking at has been sold out on DpfRacing.com - DPF Diesel Exhaust Filter Delete Kits for the past month.

So my question is what would ya'll recommend for a simple DPF delete? I'm not looking to do a complete exhaust system. From what I've read the Spartan tuner is highly recommended but if anyone recommends something different let me know. Thanks in advance for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Premium Member

Flopro is a nice kit. you can either just do the delete pipe itself or do a full 4" or 5"
exhaust. I did the 5" full exhaust with exception to the downpipe. i left it in, some choose to remove and put in an aftermarket, but from what ive read its not worth the trouble, the gains from doing so are minimal for the headache of it..... Spartan is a good tuner. i went with h&s because i wanted change on the fly power.
And you dont have to get one with bungs. you can just zip tie the sensors up and out of the way to the frame.

Also check on here. there have been some good deals on the old tuners to do the "illegal off road tuners" theyve been selling them as tuner, exhaust and intake for around 1000 bucks or less. just an idea
Old 01-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Spartan tuner and DPF delete?

Another vote for flopro, they use band lamps instead of u joint bolts which bend and destroy the pipe, the band clamps don't!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the quick replies. Is there any benefit to deleting the cat too? I've seen a few kits that feature this. And I'm in the DFW area of Texas, how big hassle is it passing inspection?
Old 01-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Premium Member

All that crap is gone when you do the dpf delete i believe. Also i dont think the state of TX really cares too much. find a ma and pa shop to do your inspection. If you were in California or some other tree hugger state you may have to research this. Also if you wanted to keep your DPF and inspection time unbolt and bolt that piece back in and put tuner back to stock and there you go.

Hopefully someone from TX can give you info on that. This is a super easy mod also
Old 01-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for all the help. I guess I'm going to do something like this and get the Flo-Pro DPF/CAT delete with it Spartan Diesel Phalanx DPF Delete Kit Ford 6.4L FREE RACE TUNES!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Premium Member

Have you looked at something like this on here yet
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/per...o-exhaust.html
Old 01-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I live here in the Dallas area, all they want to do for inspection is check your lights breaks and horn, that's it, so you're good to go!
Old 01-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Smokey View Post
Have you looked at something like this on here yet
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/per...o-exhaust.html
Is there any issue with transferring from another vehicle? For instance registering the device and having your stock tune loaded on it.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Premium Member

Well i just saw after i posted that you gotta pay to do that....so what you were looking at new would be about the same other then you get a full exhaust. H&S is 100 bucks to unlock i think. not sure on spartan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.