Tuner, exhaust and delete ?'s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Tuner, exhaust and delete ?'s

Got a buddy that has a 2010 F-350 CCSB. Wants to do tuner, exhaust and EGR delete. I'm gonna be doing the work but have never gotten to work on one yet. My questions are,

1. Can you still buy a tuner with delete capabilities since the EPA crap, and if so, where can I get it?

2. What kind of exhaust and EGR delete should he get?

3. What would be a fair amount to charge for the work?

I'm a newbie to the 6.4's. Appreciate any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 06:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Not sure if any h&s tuners are left, but spartan still has theirs for sale. Check ptp, stealth, and other forum sponsors. You may get lucky. I though holderdown had a few but you would have to call Jaran the owner. Exhaust, any kit does the job. Get down pipe back, the down pipe isn't worth the time to cut out unless he is building it for racing. Egr delete, get one with elbow because the stock elbow is restrictive. Flo pro has a nice kit. If he is wanting something easily out back to stock you could get the block off plates that slide in between the flanges to blow the flow but coolant will still run through the coolers but no exhaust will be going through. For the exhaust, I would say 2 hours tops. Not a big deal to do at all. All the sensors unplug, and just tape them so dirt doesn't get in them. For the egr delete, look up Clayton's write up. Very in depth and it calls for 4-6 hours for the full delete so I would at least have 6 hours to get it done. Not particularly hard, just tight quarters to work in. To get the down pipe connection unbolted, a 13mm swivel socket will make your life 10x easier
Old 01-20-2013, 06:37 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^^^^^ what tavis said. as for pricing. 1,000 bucks for egr delete installed and all fluids would be about right. that's the going rate around me . your gonna pay around 350 for the exhaust so I was charge 500 installed. local shops charge in that area usually a little more. if you want you can mark up the tuner and make a little bit for setting it up for him if you want. but I think those prices would be fair. its a pretty good bit of work.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:39 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
Not sure if any h&s tuners are left, but spartan still has theirs for sale. Check ptp, stealth, and other forum sponsors. You may get lucky. I though holderdown had a few but you would have to call Jaran the owner. Exhaust, any kit does the job. Get down pipe back, the down pipe isn't worth the time to cut out unless he is building it for racing. Egr delete, get one with elbow because the stock elbow is restrictive. Flo pro has a nice kit. If he is wanting something easily out back to stock you could get the block off plates that slide in between the flanges to blow the flow but coolant will still run through the coolers but no exhaust will be going through. For the exhaust, I would say 2 hours tops. Not a big deal to do at all. All the sensors unplug, and just tape them so dirt doesn't get in them. For the egr delete, look up Clayton's write up. Very in depth and it calls for 4-6 hours for the full delete so I would at least have 6 hours to get it done. Not particularly hard, just tight quarters to work in. To get the down pipe connection unbolted, a 13mm swivel socket will make your life 10x easier
I really appreciate it. All he does is drive the truck back and forth to work. Doesn't tow with it or anything. Does he have to buy custom tunes or does it come with everything he needs?
Old 01-21-2013, 04:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

H&S mini Marx question

I ordered a Mini Maxx online and the online dealer told me it doesn't do a DPF-delete. Is that right? It seems like all the research I'm doing show guys all over the place using it for DPF-delete. Thanks for the help. 2008 F250 king ranch 6.4
Old 01-21-2013, 04:32 AM

It sounds like you got a new street tuner. It does not delete the dpf. You need the old tuner. #109005 xrt pro. #109003. Mini max.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:46 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Aaah. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:53 AM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasundberg View Post
Aaah. Thanks.
yeah, street tuners got released today so thats prolly what you got.If you cancel that order you may be able to make some phone calls or check ebay to see if anyone has them left. check PTP, holderdown perf, xdp, thoroughbred diesel, stealth automotive and just give them a call and see if they have any dpf delete h&s tuners left
Old 01-21-2013, 09:38 AM

Agreed, I thought Nate said that they had a few left. But this was a while ago that I read that. Good luck on your search!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Most companies have suspended selling any DPF delete devices in the U.S. due to pressure from CARB and the EPA, so finding one new would be a stretch. There are some dealers that might have some in stock still, but that's a maybe. I have an SCT 3015R for sale here on the forum if you're interested in it. It will delete the DPF and EGR. It's pretty new and still under warranty until august of this year. When you do find a device that does what you want(whether you buy mine or not), make sure you reinstall the EGT sensors in the exhaust pipe and connect the wiring harness so you don't have a fast idle(approx. 900 rpm), and if any of the EGT sensor are broken, you would have to replace them as the truck will start once, and not restart after you shut it off. Hope this helps. RC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.