Why is my truck defueling? H&S Mini Maxx newb - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 09:45 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Why is my truck defueling? H&S Mini Maxx newb

I have a 2008 F350 4wd crewcab long bed dually 56k miles on the truck, leveled on 33's and just installed a H&S Mini maxx with cat and dpf delete pipe. When I am in the wild or hot setting it takes off than defuels throughout the run when I am WOT, it will defuel pick up throughout the run, now if I am curising at 65mph and floor it nothing happens defuel wise. I have all defuel setting turned off except trans and oil temp, they are set at 220 to see what the truck will do. Yet, the truck still defuels at WOT and is driving me nuts! I need help please, everything is connected good and I have NO sensors in the delete pipe, all the factory sensor plugs without sensors are taped up nice and tight. What am I doing wrong? Truck has about 10k miles on the fuel filters since changed last, oil change is every 5k miles. Never any troubles with the truck before this, does not throw any codes and runs like a bad out of hell when it is not defueling.

Also how in the world do I adjust tire size on the mini maxx, played around yet can not seem to figure it out.

Thanks for all the help, suggestions, and advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 05:09 AM
Premium Member

I know you said you turned everything off, but just makin sure you adjusted the pyro temps...If i jump on mine it defuels also, but its because my pyro temp gets to 1350 to 1400 degrees.....And you are going to want those defuel settings set somewhere because it could possibly save you some dollars. I run mine on hott....well performance with the new tune. .47 and new firmware. Other then maybe you missed a defuel setting i dont really know unless there is a built in parameter h&s has in the unit.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:59 PM

You may be correct with built in defaults, I am going to try with the following defaults and see what it will do-
Boost set at 40
Cold coolant set at 160
Hot coolant set at 220
Engine oil temp set at 220
Trans temp set at 220
Pyro 1 set at 1450

I also think on the higher tunes the factory intake may cause my issues, looking to get a S&B intake systems. For now I will drive it on the mild setting until the S&B gets here.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:12 PM
Premium Member

Re: Why is my truck defueling? H&S Mini Maxx newb

Yes if you have the factory style paper filter it will run higher egts

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Old 01-20-2013, 06:49 PM

Thanks for the heads up, intake is ordered. Would it hurt the truck having egts set at 1500 until the intake gets here?
Old 01-20-2013, 06:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

no defuels here...

a stock truck will hit the defuel levels you've set....
Old 01-21-2013, 02:16 PM

Well truck seems to be running fine now, defuels still just not as hard if that makes sense. EGT's go over 1450 for a few seconds than settle back below 1450, with the intake should maybe help some? Who knows, I am happy it was something minor is all.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Premium Member

If you romp it you will defuel. I can take mine out on the hott tune and defuel everytime i get in it due to the EGTs. mine are also set at 1450. i think the tunes higher then the 300 tunes will shut off the defuel settings, but are mainly for racing i think... I also already have the S&B. so its just something you have to feather with the skinny pedal or turn them off and put more pressure on your motor. I dont think i have a boost defuel set. it seems like with the new tune i reach that pretty quick if i get on it, which i dont romp on it that often, but when i do i dont want my boost to limit me!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

There are no tunes higher than the 300 tune.

You set your defuels.

These trucks will hit 1450 pretty quick on HD300. 5 seconds above that isn't going to hurt anything. If I'm passing somebody, the last thing I want is for my truck to defuel
Old 01-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Premium Member

Sorry i didnt mean just the h&s tunes
KEM has plenty of tunes over 300, those were what i was refurring to that you run on H&S tuner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.