H&S Return to Stock??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
H&S Return to Stock???

I went onto H&S' website to see how to return my truck to stock tuning (I have a Mini Maxx) but it looks like the instruction manual is different since the EPA crackdown. I'm taking my truck to the dealer tomorrow for 2 DTC and want it stock before they get it.

What am I overlooking? I searched for similar threads to this but have not found anything yet.

The directions on the site seem to be too inteligent for my simple mind...

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2013, 12:25 PM

just select "install download" in the main menu and select return to stock
Old 01-13-2013, 12:33 PM

Got it! Thanks. I never went into that "Install Download" menu b/c I figured that was for downloading new tunes. Thanks for the help "drunk on diesel".
Old 01-14-2013, 07:27 AM

PS, to anyone that has a DPF delete that has to take their truck in for warranty work: If you return your truck to stock and do not re-install the DPF, you only get ONE restart on the motor and then you have to reload your tunes again.

I found this out this morning when I tried to start my truck and it wouldn't even crank. Called H&S and they informed me of this situation.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:56 AM

Why would you load the stock tune and not put the dpf back in?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-14-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired1 View Post
Why would you load the stock tune and not put the dpf back in?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
B/c I'm lazy and didn't want to spend 30 minutes swapping out exhausts. I was getting Contribution/Balance DTCs for a couple cylinders so I figured it was due to an injector issue. The DPF, in theory, would not cause those codes. I didn't want to have a tune on the truck when I took it to the dealer, just to be safe and not sound any alarms. If Ford denies a warranty claim, they have to have evidence that whatever modifications were made contributed to the warranty issue.

Of course, Ford could say that ANYTHING done to the vehicle somehow contributed but I was just trying to be as safe as possible.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordpwrstroke7 View Post
PS, to anyone that has a DPF delete that has to take their truck in for warranty work: If you return your truck to stock and do not re-install the DPF, you only get ONE restart on the motor and then you have to reload your tunes again.

I found this out this morning when I tried to start my truck and it wouldn't even crank. Called H&S and they informed me of this situation.
I learned this by accident, too... I got distracted while changing the tune, came back out to the truck and continued- I didn't realize it, but I had selected 'DPF ON tuning'... oops...

it fired up and it started cycling the EGR (audible).. I realized it, looked at the tuner info, and sure enough- I was running a DPF tune on a deleted truck..

I couldn't re-fire it..

then, I went in search of something that was nagging me from way in back in my head- and curiously enough, I had read it here when I first joined- and really had no reason to recall it.. the EGT13 stickied thread in the problems section..

by jumping the sleeved wire next to the passenger battery box to the positive terminal of the battery, you defeat the protocol that has you locked out.. took like maybe five seconds to manage fixing the issue.. it has to do with the pyro's and sensors in the OE exhaust not reporting, and the PCM determining it's time to flip you the bird because of such..

Last edited by drewactual; 01-14-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:12 AM

Interesting. I'll have to check that out. My truck is at the dealer right now, hopefully getting fixed for free. My warranty is up 12/31/13 (was bought on New Years Eve in 08) so I'm not too concerned if they void my warranty at this point. I'll probably be upset but it would be my own fault if they do void it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.