anyone who has or had nitto mud grapplers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
anyone who has or had nitto mud grapplers

i got told by 2 different places today that they can not balance my tires for me because of the tread being so agressive...... one place said it is pointless and said its 30$ a tire the other place said if you do it like a normal tire with hammer on weights or sticky weights that it is pointless the will not balance that way at all and when you do get them balance they will only last 3 days....... is this true has anyone else had these tires and balanced them normally? they are 35 1250 20 tires
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2013, 06:11 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have Trail Grapplers and I have had no trouble keeping them balanced. Last time I balanced them they really weren't that far out. Mine are 35's as well. I'd say someone is full of it.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:24 PM

Trail grapplers arent mud grapplers. Fwiw, when I was shopping tires nick at norcaltruck wouldnt let me buy the mud grapplers. Gotta go to a shop that has built it's reputation on lifted trucks, everyone else is pretty much clueless and used to working on acuras and hondas.

Sent from my phone
Old 01-12-2013, 07:00 PM

My Dad runs them on his 350 and he is anal about a smooth ride. After he bought his and he didnt like the ride, he found a tire shop that would road force balance them first to get them indexed with the wheel then shave them till true (or perfectly round) and then rebalance. The shop told him that 35 on the force balance would be about the best they could get but after shaving and rebalance they came out on the force balance at 28. His 03 350 4x4 rides very smooth once he had this done, granted he has leaf springs and straight axels on a 1 ton but it rides and drives smooth at all speeds.
Old 01-12-2013, 07:23 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
All my buddies have mud graps with stick on weights.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:08 PM

It can be hard to balance mud tires, and they don't normally stay balanced for long. I would suggest balancing beads.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 01-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Premium Member

ran 38x15.5x20 mud grapplers on my 03 w/ 8" lift.. they rode perfect.. got a local off road shop to balance them for me with stick on weights.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:06 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I had the Mud Grapplers on my '01 F-150, and they were unbearably loud. Terrible mileage, too.

But while we are on the topic of balancing, I recently had my tires balanced. The tires were very quiet for mud tires when I first had them installed. I had the shop true them, mount them, and give my truck an alignment. Fast forward to now, when I needed them to be rotated. Took it to a different shop. They changed the weights, and balanced them differently, I'm guessing. Now my right rear tire SCREAMS at highway speeds. They swear it is just typical road noise, but they were not NEAR this loud when I first installed them. And I can roll down my rear passenger window and hear it clearly, but I can hear it from the driver's side... Should I call around for this "road force balancing?" I'm pissed, but I've taken it back twice and they swear it has nothing to do with what they did.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:51 PM

Check out these balancing alternatives:

Centramatic has many different sizes and applications:
Centramatic

Balance Masters is a little more limited:
Balance Masters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.