Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Turbo Back Flo-Pro Exhaust: Didn't come with downpipe

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Str8Strokin' 
#1 ·
i ordered the turbo back CAT/DPF and muffler delete from Rudy's and received it about a week ago...i noticed it did not include the downpipe and was confused by this...wanting to get it on we just went ahead and installed the system making the connection at the end of the stock DP...the kit even says turbo back but there was definitely no DP...shouldn't that have been included?

the one thing we thought of was it would be a b**** to get the stock DP out, maybe not even doable without taking the cab off...does stock DP restrict flow?

i'm still confused on what happened...

#3 ·
Stock downpipe is very restrictive, if you search around this board you will find pictures of members who have cut them open. Most people simply cut the stock downpipe as far up as possible using a reciprocating saw or a hacksaw.

#4 · (Edited)
If you paid for a turbo back kit, I would contact Rudy's and let them know it came without a downpipe. Those kits are more than a downpipe back kit. Sounds like a screw up on the manufacturers part though. I'm sure Aaron and crew will get it handled for you.

#5 ·
to be honest they have been great so far...they answer the phone within two rings every time...there was a mix up with the air intake and they said they would overnight it for me, no big deal, i understand things happen...and yes, it looks like the flo pro was an independent package from flo pro, so that would be on them, not rudy's...anyhow, thanks for the quick response spartan

the kit was almost $2,000, so i will contact them and make sure i get everything i paid for...

#7 ·
can't find the Product Number, it wasn't on the invoice they emailed...i spoke with ben about it, he said the factory 4" DP is what we are supposed to be using, otherwise we will have to cut it out...to be honest, not sure if i even want to do that, lot of work...it just says on eBay and on the package that it is a turbo back, kind of misleading...

does anyone know if it will help anything or if it is even worth it to put in an after market downpipe?

#10 ·
Nice kit too, good work! May as well just get it all done at the same time...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.