Spartan Shifting - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 02:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Spartan Shifting

we installed the spartan 275 tune EL tune last night and i noticed it doesn't shift as smooth as stock and seems to kind of jump around when i'm getting ready to let go of the pedal after i get into it...i'm just wondering if this is normal, it isn't anything major that is going on but it doesn't seem like it's healthy for the transmission over time...is this normal for the 275 tune? is there a better tune for the transmission? my main concern is MPG, not necessarily power...

What we did: EGR Delete, DPF/CAT Delete, 5" Flo-Pro (Downpipe Back), S&B Intake, Spartan Tuner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 03:01 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yes that is normal for the race tunes to shift harder and have a touchy pedal. You might want to try the 210 tune it shifts close to stock with more power and MPGs than stock. But the high HP tyunes will yield the most MPG.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:59 AM

I had this same problem when I installed mine. I drove it for over a year on the 300 EL tune figuring I would eventually get used to it. I finally had to purchase some new tires so I went ahead and installed a leveling kit and new rear blocks with traction bars. I can not express how much of a difference it made. It is almost like stock again. You can feel it shift firmer than stock but nothing like it did without the blocks. People used to comment on how hard it would shift but now they dont even notice. It also made the harshness of the cruise control a lot less. If you have the money for traction bars I would get a set!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

how much are the traction bars?..and would airbags be an option as opposed to the leveling kit etc...? i was already planning on installing some at some point

Last edited by Str8Strokin'; 01-09-2013 at 06:35 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:48 AM
Fueling M.A.D. Everywhere

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Depends on what what kind of HP you are looking for and what you are using your truck for. Traction bars will run from $500 and up. Give Trevor a call at PMF and he will be happy to talk thru it with you and hook you up with exactly what you need...

Btw I also agree traction bars made shifting night and day!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-10-2013, 03:31 AM

X3

Traction bars make a huge difference
Old 01-10-2013, 07:51 AM

I got my leveling kit and traction bars from Jason at Newton Lifts. I would highly recommend him due to the customer service, knowledge and product he sales. I am very happy with the kit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.