Up Grade Time! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Up Grade Time!

Looking to do my EGR delete, exhaust deletes and programmer. Now what I've seen is in these "kits" on eBay is a tuner, exhaust delete pipe and "what they call EGR delete" a high flow pipe and a couple of block offs.

Is the high flow elbow and 2 block offs all you need to do a full EGR delete?

Where have you guys gotten your kits? Really looking NOT to spend more than $1,500 to $1,800 for all. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Premium Member

EGR Delete is between $145-250 depending on color and company. DPF Delete Pipe and Tuner is about 1200-1600 depending on Tuner and custom tunes. Best thing for your ride! Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-07-2013, 07:43 PM

That's about average. If you message Rudy's on eBay and let them know what you want they will set up a package for you. Also I highly recommend performance truck products they seem to have the best customer service next to spartan.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:23 AM

EGR delete should be a block off plate and 2 plugs plus some associated bolts. The elbow is optional but I recommend it (especially if you have over 50,000 miles on your truck). Cost is from $125-370 depending on company and whether or not you include the elbow (which is about $100-150).

The delete pipe (DPF and cat) is about $130-250. Again, this depends on company and also material (aluminized or stainless).

Tuner is $900 (if you catch them on sale) to $1200.

Package up everything through someone like PTP and you can save yourself some cash.

Deleting a truck is not cheap, but neither is the damage that not deleting it causes. Pick your poison.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:36 PM

Thanks guys!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doss View Post
EGR delete should be a block off plate and 2 plugs plus some associated bolts. The elbow is optional but I recommend it (especially if you have over 50,000 miles on your truck). Cost is from $125-370 depending on company and whether or not you include the elbow (which is about $100-150).

The delete pipe (DPF and cat) is about $130-250. Again, this depends on company and also material (aluminized or stainless).

Tuner is $900 (if you catch them on sale) to $1200.

Package up everything through someone like PTP and you can save yourself some cash.

Deleting a truck is not cheap, but neither is the damage that not deleting it causes. Pick your poison.
Please educate me. As you can tell I am a newbie to owning a diesel. I tow my 29' boat with my 08 F250. My objective is higher fuel mileage, not adding horsepower, as I am happy with the power I have. If I do the DPF delete (which I assume deletes the Cat) and EGR delete, what kind of improvement can I expect? Do I have to buy a tuner, or can I find a local shop to do the tune ? Thanks for the help!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i'm not a pro by any means, but it works like this...you can do a DPF delete only or you can do DPF/CAT delete...there is not a big difference in price but it is easier, labor wise, to delete both and it is also better for your engine...you need a tuner regardless...it's weird how it works, but basically the higher HP tunes get you the best MPG's...i will add that there is not much turbo lag if any at all after the tuner is installed, i'm sure you have noticed the horrendous lag in these 6.4's...pretty much any shop can do the tune install, but you will be better off to order the package online like i did (rudy's) from ebay, most shops wont' carry these in stock, they are also going to be banned soon so hurry up!

do an EGR delete as well, they will eventually fail anyways, take my word for it...

i've heard most guys are getting 18-22 after the tune with a light foot...i'm getting 11.6 before the tuner, my truck isn't done yet so i have not calculated what i am getting after...i would be happy with 16-18 as a realistic hand calculated number

you can always do the lower HP tunes with all of the emission deletes, that's gotta save you some MPG's alone right there...but remember, just because you have the power doesn't mean you have to use it, although that's hard to do...

Last edited by Str8Strokin'; 01-09-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcart55 View Post
Please educate me. As you can tell I am a newbie to owning a diesel. I tow my 29' boat with my 08 F250. My objective is higher fuel mileage, not adding horsepower, as I am happy with the power I have. If I do the DPF delete (which I assume deletes the Cat) and EGR delete, what kind of improvement can I expect? Do I have to buy a tuner, or can I find a local shop to do the tune ? Thanks for the help!
I would also check with your local shops prior to purchase if you are not doing your own work. Two shops near me that were known for installs will no longer do DPF or egr deletes.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.