can i go wrong with sct livewire with innovative tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.4L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 10:01 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
can i go wrong with sct livewire with innovative tunes

I have a 2008 f250 and Im looking to put a tuner in it I along with the egr and dpf delete. I have been looking around and reading articles and reviews for a few months, everyone of my buddies has the sct livewire with innovative tunes and swears by them. I was looking at the spartan and the h&s as well but I heard that the spartan is eating engines up due to egts being to high as for the h&s I havent heard to much. I am from Wisconsin so my weather can get pretty cold up here during the winter months. I only haul a horse trailer and a dump trailer every once in awhile so the truck is mostly for hot rodding around. Tell me what your thoughts are just so I can get a little more informed in the route I should go. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Premium Member

Spartan, H&S, Livewire, they're all descent, its just depends on what you're looking for. i run a livewire with innovative tunes, gearhead and KEM.. i've never run a spartan or H&S but i know a lot of the guys on this forum runs them and they have nothing but good things to say..
Old 01-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

+1 for H&S.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:25 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My wife's '10 started off with a spartan and dd the 310 early lock tune. Ran great and the tranny shifted fine, for her anyway. The 210 tow is great as well, I really liked how it drove overall.

Now she has an old style livewire, but she only runs the live tunes on it, due to the mods. H&S has the mcc software out now, so it can be live tuned if you wanted to pursue that path later on. I believe RCD does tunes for spartan, I'm sure there are others. But for custom tunes, the sct is the most widely supported at the moment.

You can't really go wrong with any of the three. I don't know about the ts livewire, but the dasdaq spartan uses is an awesome monitor.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:05 AM

Awesome thanks guys for your help its greatly appreciated.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:31 PM

I run a livewire with IDP tunes, truck runs great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.